Bartley is Over and Out

KYLE BARTLEY last night confirmed his season IS over - as he bid an emotional farewell to Rangers.

The on-loan Arsenal kid suffered a ruptured medial ligament against PSV Eindhoven in the Europa League last 16 meeting.

It heartbreakingly cost the defender a chance to be part of Rangers' League Cup Final win over Celtic three days later.

Bartley - whose Ibrox deal was until the summer - told SunSport: "Everyone at Rangers has been brilliant and I can only say a massive thank you.

"It was hard to sit in the stand for the League Cup Final and think about what might've been.

"But I was thrilled for the management and the players that we beat Celtic. It was well deserved.

"I have also greatly appreciated the messages of support from the fans.

"I couldn't have wished for a better club for a loan spell.

"I've been told I've got a grade three medial ligament tear and I'm looking at three months out.

"As things stand I've played my last game for Rangers. I wasn't there too long but I've still got plenty of good memories.

"Who knows what next season will bring. Once I'm fit again I'll find out what Arsenal have planned for me."

http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3501004/Bartley-is-over-and-out.html

Just our luck to be getting some players fit again and then to lose 2 of our better players from the central defence. As has been said i also hope to have Bartley back next season and as a Rangers player and not an Arsenal player.

Would be great to see him sign on a permanent but he sees his future in the EPL so the best we could hope for, I would think, is another loan deal - but even that is a long-shot considering how he played in his short stint.

I would actually prefer to introduce and nurture the likes of Cole or Little than a teenager from another team. It would be interesting to know what attributes Bartley has to play in the first team that our own colts don't yet possess. Wilson also possessed them so are these two just head and shoulders above the rest?

I would actually prefer to introduce and nurture the likes of Cole or Little than a teenager from another team. It would be interesting to know what attributes Bartley has to play in the first team that our own colts don't yet possess. Wilson also possessed them so are these two just head and shoulders above the rest?

From what I have seen of Little I would say yes Bartley and Wilson were far better.