It Always Ends Up With Murray

Sorry mate but weve been on our arse for the last few years , there aint many clubs whose entire first team squad was put up for sale and an agent given the job of flogging as many as possible , that only fell on its arse when the media was given the heads up by a friendly ex manager .

Maybe it's just me, but I think if we were on our arse we'd already have sold ALL of our key players, but that isn't the case and in fact, we've supposedly rejected bids for certain key players. 'On our arse' to me is a literal statement which says we're in deep, deep shit, but that is not the case at the moment.

1. The club isn't 'on it's arse'. There's a lot of problems, but it isn't 'on it's arse'.

2. We don't know that Murray is 'going out'.

I know that's a pedantic reply, but it's also a factual one in my opinion.

As I said it is my opinion. But if you want to be pedantic then you're right, I don't know Murray is going out but I do the club is on its arse - compared with the club he bought in 1998 when we had a generally united support, had the strongest squad in the country by a country mile, had the strongest finances in the country, were not regarded as pariahs by much of the community, and none of the media would have dared take on Ibrox. We're on our arses alright.

Maybe it's just me, but I think if we were on our arse we'd already have sold ALL of our key players, but that isn't the case and in fact, we've supposedly rejected bids for certain key players. 'On our arse' to me is a literal statement which says we're in deep, deep shit, but that is not the case at the moment.

We sold our key players, long ago. You just think some of the second rate players today are key by comparison with the third raters occupying the rest of the team.

We sold our key players, long ago. You just think some of the second rate players today are key by comparison with the third raters occupying the rest of the team.

Not a dig at a Zappa, but not many folk are aware of that fact. Or that's the feeling I get when reading posts across Rangers forums.

Guest Dutchy

Even with all our troubles, we have won 2iar and looking to gain 3iar. Just think what we'll do when we get sorted out, and we will get the club sorted out.

I hope this will be a lesson well learned and we contiue to produce some choice yougsters, that's the way ahead for a successeful future of Scottish domination, probably single handly bring Scottish European coefficent back to auto qualification for the CL.

Who else can do it???

Now that IS being pedantic.;)

No, being pedantic is saying let's just forget about how wasteful Advocat was with quality players and how much debt the club went into allowing him to be wasteful. The buck undoubtedly stops with SDM, but who's fault was it for letting quality players go for less than they were worth and bringing in other quality players at prices we couldn't afford? We can blame Murray till we're blue in the face, but it doesn't excuse the managers who've made mistakes, including Walter Smith. Murray's biggest mistakes with the Rangers management have been allowing Advocat to do what he did, allowing PLG to bring in as many French staff and allowing Walter/Bain to spend on players when we went out of Europe in 2008.

He was once a great leader who did invest heavily in the club and great credit for our turnaround in the 80s must go to him, but now he really is well past his sell by date and his time is up.

What a load of rubbish.

Explain to me his investment if you will?

What turnaround did he have any part in during the 80's?

For all those players mentioned.... you could likewise say that were it not for the vision of David Holmes and the Marlborough family we would never have seen the likes of Butcher, Woods, Gough, Francis, Roberts, Walters, Wilkins or even Souness himself.

Yes, you mention some wonderful players but, IMO, the names I list above can stand with their heads held high when compared to the list you provided.

Both sets of players are wonderful players to have in your team and David Holmes, along with Souness, made those signings happen. World class players most of them and SDM was nowhere in sight.

As MF says, we have no idea what type of player we would have had were SDM not to have owned the club. One thing we DO know about SDM's tenure is that Rangers has probably never been so volatile over such a short period of time - SDM's tenure has been boom and bust at its best (and then at its worst... and then best...and then worst - you get the picture).

Stability is what we have needed and SDM has provided very little of that throughout his ownership.

Some may say the club is not on its arse - but I would suggest that even if you have that belief I cant for a minute imagine that we ALL have a level of concern at the future of our club. And if you have a concern about its future then it might not be, technically on its arse, but it more than probably has fallen to its knees.