It Always Ends Up With Murray

He was once a great leader who did invest heavily in the club and great credit for our turnaround in the 80s must go to him, but now he really is well past his sell by date and his time is up.

Thing is he knows that more than anyone and wants out. I just don't think I believe the stuff about him wanting to sell us to reputable buyers who will take us forward. I think he just knows there are issues with our infrastructure which can scupper deals so he has the former excuse on standby when deals fall through.

Craig already said it but it needs emphasizing, when Murray arrived we stopped going forward and then stood still, eventually we started caressing downhill. He's neither a manager nor a leader and he has reduced us to the shadow we are today. You praise him if you like but don't kid yourself he's done anything for Rangers.

Craig already said it but it needs emphasizing, when Murray arrived we stopped going forward and then stood still, eventually we started caressing downhill. He's neither a manager nor a leader and he has reduced us to the shadow we are today. You praise him if you like but don't kid yourself he's done anything for Rangers.

Well all this is well rehearsed and I know you will disgree strongly but I beg to put the opposite view.

Without Murray, I do not think we would have seen top quality players like Hately, Goram, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Klos and Ronald de Boer perform in light blue. We were a goal away from the CL Final in 93 and we had an outstanding team in Advocat's first two seasons with the likes of Numan, van Bronkhurst, Mols, Reyna and Albertz.

I totally accept that things started to go downhill with the purchase of Tore Andre Flo but I don't fault Murray for ambition and he recouped a large slice of that money with the spectacular purchase and sale of Boumsong. Yes it got out of hand but he did dip into his own pocket or the pockets of his companies to bring us back from ther brink. Yes he made a wrong choice with PLG but he brought Walter Smith back and Kaunas apart that has been a pretty successful, including the UEFA Cup Final.

Lastly, the current financial position to a great extent (at least �£10 million) is due to the ridicluous loss in Kaunas and Murray can't be blamed for that.

I have spoken to a great many fans on our travels and I haven't met one who does not think that overall SDM has not been a good thing for Rangers Football Club.

I share that view but confidently predict that I have given you and a great many others plenty of amunition with which to disagree!

Well all this is well rehearsed and I know you will disgree strongly but I beg to put the opposite view.

Without Murray, I do not think we would have seen top quality players like Hately, Goram, Laudrup, Gascoigne, Klos and Ronald de Boer perform in light blue. We were a goal away from the CL Final in 93 and we had an outstanding team in Advocat's first two seasons with the likes of Numan, van Bronkhurst, Mols, Reyna and Albertz.

I totally accept that things started to go downhill with the purchase of Tore Andre Flo but I don't fault Murray for ambition and he recouped a large slice of that money with the spectacular purchase and sale of Boumsong. Yes it got out of hand but he did dip into his own pocket or the pockets of his companies to bring us back from ther brink. Yes he made a wrong choice with PLG but he brought Walter Smith back and Kaunas apart that has been a pretty successful, including the UEFA Cup Final.

Lastly, the current financial position to a great extent (at least �£10 million) is due to the ridicluous loss in Kaunas and Murray can't be blamed for that.

I have spoken to a great many fans on our travels and I haven't met one who does not think that overall SDM has not been a good thing for Rangers Football Club.

I share that view but confidently predict that I have given you and a great many others plenty of amunition with which to disagree!

With respect, you can have absolutley no idea what players we might have seen at Ibrox if David Murray hadn't bought Rangers. You can comment on what happened during his tenure but you cannot claim the good times would have been any worse without him. Rather than focussing on a few good players, wouldn't it be more relevant in terms of his success or failure to compare his entrance with his exit. In my opinion (and that's all it can be) he came in on a steep upslope and is going out with the club on its arse. That is the Murray legacy, that's the sum of his achievement and mentioning the odd good time or good player is by comparison meaningless.

I think mucking up the original Sky deal had a greater influence than the Kaunas game slipping from a deal of 48mill to 8mill that Scottish football got from the BBC was a crushing blow imo.

Guest Dutchy

I think the real and main reason Murray came into football was the attraction of TV riches. He had first attempted to buy Ayr, but the Fleeting brothers told him where to get off, unfortunately for them. He then was putting himself about a bit and he ended up buying Rangers.

It's true I think that he's made some money form Rangers, but he has also invested. Not so these days it would seem. There's certainly no TV money there to talk about and the reason I gave up my season ticket in the 90's after the 9 in a row bid failed to get 10 in a row was Murray continuallly bleating on about how the fans ticket moeny came to 42% of Rangers income.

Oh yeah! You've clearly forgot about match day catering, fees from outside catering vans, programe sales, shirt sponsorship, which is only of any use if the fans buy the shirts and parade around like free adverts for the company supplying the shirts and the company putting their product on the front of it. Although these companies are more interested in the TV coverage.

And the reason Murray failed with PLG is that Murray is not a football man, he's a businessman and he head-hunted PLG due to his reputation, much as businessmen head-hunt other board members or directors.

I'm sure that I also read on the BBC site that Murray's companies would be lible for the tax bill if it was found to need paying, and not Rangers FC. I was also amazed to hear the bank denying any blocking due to their demands, then all of a sudden, they OK the Whyte bid when accusation were made public.

I would like a deal to go through, and soon, but I would like to see this Ellis character out of the picture which I heard Chick Young on the radio saying was the case, denied by Gordon Smith, form what he knew about the present state of affairs.

Get rid of this debt and more importantly, get this bank off our backs as I'm so angry when I hear the amounts of debt other Scotish clubs have without anywhere near Rangers abilitiy to pay it back

In my opinion (and that's all it can be) he came in on a steep upslope and is going out with the club on its arse. .

1. The club isn't 'on it's arse'. There's a lot of problems, but it isn't 'on it's arse'.

2. We don't know that Murray is 'going out'.

I know that's a pedantic reply, but it's also a factual one in my opinion.

Murray's problem will always be one of wasted opportunity , he took over at a time when we had so many advantages over not only our biggest rival's but the rest of Britain , we had international captains from 7 teams on our books at one time , money in the bank , a full stadium every week , yet it was all allowed to fritter away because everything was short term .

He quite rightly can point out that there was very little opposition to his spending , but that can easily be argued away by his bullish behaviour and his apparent 100% confidence trick of smoke and mirrors .

That idiot from the RSA James MacMillan was interviewed yesterday stating that fans had become fed up because of the last " couple of years" , christ almighty we have been going through this groundhog day for nigh on 10 years , yet this clown states on live tv we are getting a bit miffed because of a couple of years .

I dont really know how this will pan out , but we need Murray gone and the sooner the better , to have any owner who hides behind every and any person or organisation to save his own skin is pathetic , whether it's John McLelland , Martin Bain or Lloyds the fact that the one person who is 100% in control never speaks out says everything you need know about him .

1. The club isn't 'on it's arse'. There's a lot of problems, but it isn't 'on it's arse'.

2. We don't know that Murray is 'going out'.

I know that's a pedantic reply, but it's also a factual one in my opinion.

Sorry mate but weve been on our arse for the last few years , there aint many clubs whose entire first team squad was put up for sale and an agent given the job of flogging as many as possible , that only fell on its arse when the media was given the heads up by a friendly ex manager .