It Always Ends Up With Murray

One consistent thing Murray has always said is that he'll only ever sell the club to someone who has the means to take it to the next level or words to that effect. Of course, given how negligent he's been in the running of the club in recent years, its hard to believe he has the brass neck to come out with that, but I'm assuming he still has some sort of feeling for the club so maybe we should trust him on that one?

Exactly my point mate. Murray has put us in this situation,he no longer has an interest in Rangers,yet he is saying he will only sell to someone who will take us forward!!!!!!!!!,well why don't you just get tae fuck out of Ibrox and let someone else at least try and take us forward Mr Murray?,instead of continually strangling the life out of the club.

One consistent thing Murray has always said is that he'll only ever sell the club to someone who has the means to take it to the next level or words to that effect. Of course, given how negligent he's been in the running of the club in recent years, its hard to believe he has the brass neck to come out with that, but I'm assuming he still has some sort of feeling for the club so maybe we should trust him on that one?

Trust Murray? Feelings for the club? I'd rather trust a rabid dog to have feelings for the cat next door. He's a deceitful bastard who pissed on us and lied shamelessly for years. Trust? I don't fucking think so.

I'm with you, I just want him to get the fvck out and I wrote that post with more than a hint of irony, but I can't for the life of me figure out his thinking or his actions over the last however-many-years. He clearly loved the club at some point so you must think he still does care about its future, but if that's the case, how has he let it get to this stage? He must have surrounded himself with some very loyal people to be able to just disappear from the fans and for very little to come out about exactly what's gone on behind the scenes.

I'm with you, I just want him to get the fvck out and I wrote that post with more than a hint of irony, but I can't for the life of me figure out his thinking or his actions over the last however-many-years. He clearly loved the club at some point so you must think he still does care about its future, but if that's the case, how has he let it get to this stage? He must have surrounded himself with some very loyal people to be able to just disappear from the fans and for very little to come out about exactly what's gone on behind the scenes.

For loyal ... read dependant.

Trust Murray? Feelings for the club? I'd rather trust a rabid dog to have feelings for the cat next door. He's a deceitful bastard who pissed on us and lied shamelessly for years. Trust? I don't fucking think so.

He was once a great leader who did invest heavily in the club and great credit for our turnaround in the 80s must go to him, but now he really is well past his sell by date and his time is up.

Thing is he knows that more than anyone and wants out. I just don't think I believe the stuff about him wanting to sell us to reputable buyers who will take us forward. I think he just knows there are issues with our infrastructure which can scupper deals so he has the former excuse on standby when deals fall through.

He was once a great leader who did invest heavily in the club and great credit for our turnaround in the 80s must go to him, but now he really is well past his sell by date and his time is up.

Thing is he knows that more than anyone and wants out. I just don't think I believe the stuff about him wanting to sell us to reputable buyers who will take us forward. I think he just knows there are issues with our infrastructure which can scupper deals so he has the former excuse on standby when deals fall through.

Our turnaround in the late 80's was already well under way by the time SDM arrived. I find it annoying that the efforts of David Holmes go almost un-noticed these days.

Our turnaround in the late 80's was already well under way by the time SDM arrived. I find it annoying that the efforts of David Holmes go almost un-noticed these days.

Apart from anything a very nice person and as you say people forget he brought Souness...............

Apart from anything a very nice person and as you say people forget he brought Souness...............

How has that happened though? I was only 11 when this happened but remember it like it was yesterday. I'm not sure how anyone can think Murray had anything to do with that.

I can only remember Murray putting in money in one share issue which he put up 51M.

He also raised �£25M in share issues to Joe Lewis and Dave King but I'm not sure if he put any money in himself at those times.

However, he has made a lot of money out of the stadium work, catering, car parking, ticketing etc, and I wouldn't be surprised if he's just about breaking even.

PS A lot of people forget that the riches of Rangers in the late 80's and early 90's mostly came from season ticket sales when I think we had the most in the UK. As this used to be the bulk of clubs' income it made us one of the richest clubs around.

The fact that English clubs were banned from Europe and had a hooligan problem really ruined the interest in their game and so they had low attendances and we attracted English international players not only with the highest wages but also with the carrot of European football.

How times change...