Allan McGregor - courting consistency instead of controversy

Great goalie, if not perfect. Can make clangers now and again, but what player doesn't make mistakes. When a player makes a mistake, it's a misplaced pass or a bad shot or a defensive lapse. When a goalie makes them, it costs a goal.

Regardless, definitely one of our assets and makes some wonderful stops when needed. And revoltingly better than Alexander who's nothing more than a journeyman goalkeeper. Reasonable deputy but not on the same planet as McGregor, never mind league.

He has constantly gotten better throughout the years, guys like Lafferty, Davis, Edu and Whittaker need to take note.

How lucky have we been throughout the years? Woods, the Goalie, Niemi, Charbonnier, der Goalie, Big Ron and now Shagger. Players hold the cards these days, if he wanted to manufacture a move away I think it would have been done by now.

He's enjoying winning titles at the best club in the world so why would he leave?

Go on Shagger.

He really came good in 2008 before his injury which ruled him out of the UEFA cup final. Some of his saves that season notably against Bremen and Celtic away were out of this world and Goram esk.

When he started off in 2007 I had my doubts but along with Alan Hutton he is the most improved player we have had at the club in the last 10 years or even longer.

I also cant believe he hasnt been snapped up, he is in the top 5 keepers in Britain and if Van Der Sar is retiring at the end of the season Mcgregor is more than capable as a replacement.