You only have to go over and have a look on RM to see what the problem is. 15 page thread on the matter and 99% of the posters are still coming up with the excuses as to why they get sung.

Obviously I am also wary of why it is just us that are getting singled out but it looks like UEFA are wanting to start somewhere(they can't start on the other lot as they have barely been in Europe the past few seasons) and it looks like it is going to be us.

I think this is the harsh reality of it mate. They have to start somewhere, and that somewhere is Rangers. My guess is that now wide spread violence is nowhere near as bad as it was 8+ years ago they can now concentrate on Racism/Bigotry flowing down the stands with much more vigour. This is not going away as the likes os Spiers the the Timmy letter writers will not let up, in fact from now on they will step up their cause as they now know they have the full attention of UEFA.

As i say, the easy way out this is not to sing the songs.

As it cannot be argued that Celtic are a religion, nationality or race, they may not like it but there is nothing in the rules against it.

No one seems offended by the killie boys being up to their knees in ayr (united) blood... Calscot should be right, but we know that even if we changed it, it would be illegal before long. Best to save it for away from the stadium!

While it goes without saying that this unfair spotlight shines in only one direction, TBB is proscribed by UEFA so it shouldn't be a surprise that after more concerted pressure when we sing it they pander to mischief-makers like Spiers et al.

The probationary period is almost up so it was inevitable these people would renew their attempts to cause problems for our club. Now we've breached the UEFA directive, they have little choice but to punish us more forcefully.

I doubt the censure in the Daily Record will happen but we will lose heavily out of this and, make no mistake, our enemies (for that is what they are) will continue to pursue us. Not because they want to eradicate bigotry but because they hate our club and they hate you and I.

While it goes without saying that this unfair spotlight shines in only one direction, TBB is proscribed by UEFA so it shouldn't be a surprise that after more concerted pressure when we sing it they pander to mischief-makers like Spiers et al.

The probationary period is almost up so it was inevitable these people would renew their attempts to cause problems for our club. Now we've breached the UEFA directive, they have little choice but to punish us more forcefully.

I doubt the censure in the Daily Record will happen but we will lose heavily out of this and, make no mistake, our enemies (for that is what they are) will continue to pursue us. Not because they want to eradicate bigotry but because they hate our club and they hate you and I.

Agreed. They have at long last found a way to get at us in a way that is actually hard, if not impossible to argue against when you have UEFA enforcing it. People need to wake up and smell the coffee now, this is the last wake up call we will be given. I don;t think we'll get the ban but it will be suspended for 2 or 3 years and we all know Spiers et-all will be watching our games with the volume up full waiting on us to sing certain songs.

What i do think will happen now is the letter writers, Catholic church etc will be contacting UEFA with the words to other songs that are not yet banned by them telling UEFA how offended they are by them.

People need to swallow some pride and take head of what's happening here and accept we canny sing the BB in Europe, as sad as that is.

RANGERS Football Club has been informed that UEFA is to take disciplinary action against the Club following allegations of sectarian singing by supporters during the recent Europa League away game against PSV Eindhoven on Thursday, 10 March.

The Club is to face a disciplinary hearing in Switzerland later this month.

Rangers Chief Executive Martin Bain commented: "We are utterly dismayed to be informed by UEFA that it is to take disciplinary action against the Club. We will defend the Club's position vigorously at the hearing which is scheduled for later this month.

"UEFA has already made clear in previous disciplinary hearings that sanctions against Rangers have been mitigated by the extensive work the Club does to tackle sectarianism. A high ranking UEFA delegation also described our Club as exemplars of best practice in this area and only a few weeks ago the First Minister complimented us on the efforts we make as a Club.

"Our position regarding sectarian and offensive singing has been made clear time and again - we condemn it and those who indulge in it only damage the interests of the Club. We have worked closely with our supporters groups to try to deal with this issue and believe that few other clubs make as big an effort to tackle anti-social behaviour. We are not saying there is not a problem but we are saying that for many years now we have made strenuous attempts to address it.

"We do, however, believe that it is absurd to think that only Rangers supporters sing offensive or sectarian songs. That is patently not the case and we are left to conclude that there is a disproportionate focus on Rangers. It has also become clear there are people who have been determined to undermine our Club at any cost and have constantly lobbied UEFA and other organisations to take action against Rangers."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/articles/20110407/rangers-to-fight-uefa-charge_2254024_2332870

No one seems offended by the killie boys being up to their knees in ayr (united) blood... Calscot should be right, but we know that even if we changed it, it would be illegal before long. Best to save it for away from the stadium!

I doubt it will make a difference what stadium we go to as long as it is sung by our supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigRFC View Post

You only have to go over and have a look on RM to see what the problem is. 15 page thread on the matter and 99% of the posters are still coming up with the excuses as to why they get sung.

Obviously I am also wary of why it is just us that are getting singled out but it looks like UEFA are wanting to start somewhere(they can't start on the other lot as they have barely been in Europe the past few seasons) and it looks like it is going to be us.

I think this is the harsh reality of it mate. They have to start somewhere, and that somewhere is Rangers. My guess is that now wide spread violence is nowhere near as bad as it was 8+ years ago they can now concentrate on Racism/Bigotry flowing down the stands with much more vigour. This is not going away as the likes os Spiers the the Timmy letter writers will not let up, in fact from now on they will step up their cause as they now know they have the full attention of UEFA.

As i say, the easy way out this is not to sing the songs.

We are not the only team to be fined.

Scandal: UEFA Fines Dinamo Zagreb 20,000 for Waving Macedonian Flag PDF Print E-mail

Monday, 21 March 2011

UEFA's Disciplinary Committee had fined FK Dinamo Zagreb 20,000 Euros because Zagreb fans had waved the Macedonian flag!

The Croatian public are stunned by this bizarre punishment and can not believe the European footballing body would be this unprofessional and racist. Dinamo Zagreb fans waved the Macedonian flag in their UEFA match against Greek based club PAOK of Solun.

To avoid looking racist UEFA's Disciplinary committee announced it was fining Dinamo Zagreb for the handful of firecrackers as well, so the flag 'incident' isn't solely the reason.

"This is a torture, we are tormented by UEFA. Just look at what we are being punished for? Because fans waved the Macedonian flag and supposedly firecrackers?" says visibly upset president of FK Dinamo Zagreb, Zdravko Mamic.

Dinamo's fans were also stunned. The club's website is inundated from messages by thousands of fans even from their arch rival FK Hajduk who wonder "Since when do you get fined and punished for waving a Macedonian flag? and "When did an official flag of a country become illegal?"

UEFA's Media Center has avoided phone calls from Macedonian and Croatian Journalists all day today.

In UEFA's words, Say No to Racism... UEFA... Say No. //Pero Stamatovski

It's very simple.

The UEFA delagate at the game, can UEFA prove he speaks Dutch?

If not any half arsed QC would get these charges thrown out as it would be a clear attemt at targeting only 1 team on the night.

Time for Rangers to grow a pair and really fight this.

It's very simple.

The UEFA delagate at the game, can UEFA prove he speaks Dutch?

If not any half arsed QC would get these charges thrown out as it would be a clear attemt at targeting only 1 team on the night.

Time for Rangers to grow a pair and really fight this.

What the heck has the UEFA delegate being able to speak Dutch got to do with it. A british referee can't speak Russian but he can book a Russian player.

You have lost me there. He or someone else heard a banned song from the Rangers supporters section and reported it. I think it is that simple.

What the heck has the UEFA delegate being able to speak Dutch got to do with it. A british referee can't speak Russian but he can book a Russian player.

You have lost me there. He or someone else heard a banned song from the Rangers supporters section and reported it. I think it is that simple.

That's one of the first questions RFC should be asking,who made the complaint and for what?.If Leggo is correct with this statement '' We already know the complaint did not form any part of the UEFA delegate's report '',or anyone from PSV,or the Dutch police!!!!!!,then who?.

]What the heck has the UEFA delegate being able to speak Dutch got to do with it[/b]. A british referee can't speak Russian but he can book a Russian player.

It's very simple. If a UEFA delegate is there he is there for both teams, and it's a bit hard to report PSV fans for bad songs if you cant understand whar there saying.