Bougherra to leave in the summer.

I think the answer is about twice as much as 20 years ago. I think unless there are exceptions the top wage bracket is 20 grand a week, but the reports have been implying that we've been trying to cut that to 15k a week, which is why Miller and Boyd left.

I think total wages for the club is under 17M per annum.

Shota Arveladze today declared his interest in luring Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra to Turkey.

The former Ibrox striker is manager of SuperLig club Kayserispor and, after launching a failed bid to sign Kris Boyd from Gers last year, he is ready to return to the negotiating table in a bid to bag Bougherra.

The Algerian has declared his intention to quit Ibrox in the summer after turning down a new two-year deal.

With his contract due to expire in 2012, Rangers will look to sell the defender in the summer rather than lose him for nothing in 12 months and Arveladze is ready to swoop.

“Madjid Bougherra is a player I have admired for a long time and I would like to see him join Kayserispor,” he said.

“Transfers are always difficult but I am confident that we can sign him.

“I certainly hope that is the case because I follow Rangers closely and he has been a very good player for them.

“He would be a very important player for Kayserispor.”

With captain David Weir likely to retire at the end of the season, the loss of Bougherra would be a huge blow to the champions ahead of the new campaign.

But Gers’ manager-in-waiting Ally McCoist hopes to have showdown talks with the player to clarify his future.

McCoist said: “The situation with Bougherra is news to me.

“The first I knew about it was when I read it in the paper. However, there is not much we can do about it if the man wants to leave and he’s not happy with the contract he’s been offered.

“But I’d have liked the opportunity to speak to him first.

“Madjid hasn’t spoken to myself, the manager, Kenny McDowall or Ian Durrant. So we’ll need to sit down and discuss a few things.

“In an ideal world I’d love to keep him. There is no question Madjid is one of our better players when he’s fit.

“However, you shouldn’t have to browbeat anyone into playing for Rangers.

“If they don’t want to play and are unhappy at Rangers then it’s hardly ideal to have them around.

“That’s why I need to have a wee chat with Madjid to find out what he’s thinking.

“But, to be frank, I think there is a lot more going on just now than Madjid, in terms of trying to win titles and club takeovers.

“His future is just another thing we have to deal with.”

Meanwhile, Craig Whyte hopes to complete his protracted takeover of Rangers this week.

The deal has dragged on in recent weeks as Whyte attempts to buy Sir David Murray’s controlling interest in the club.

But a source said: “We are seriously hoping that this is the week.”

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/editor-s-picks/arveladze-is-mad-for-bougherra-1.1095966