2 min applause for Lemmon on Sunday

I've heard a few rumours about this and possible counter chants from the Gers fans like a 2mins bouncy etc. but heard one that got my attention.

Someone suggested that we join in on the applause to as a public display of how much we condone what has been reported in the news this week.

As I said it got my attention and I can kinda get his point but doubt it will get much support from the Bears. Don't get me wrong I dislike the man but for reasons surrounding football, nobody deserves that and I still hope to see him crying at 90mins

What are your thoughts on this.

I have always liked the idea that when your fierce rivals come up with something to upset you that you simply join in with them. It completely implodes their intent - they want to cheer Lennon in support.... if we were to do the same it dampens what they are trying to highlight and/or also shows that Rangers fans are in agreement that he shouldnt have been treated this way.

Just think.... those big bad Rangers fans who must have sent a letter bomb to Neil Lennon..... are now standing appluading in unison with Celtic fans for what is a show of support of Neil Lennon, and it also would show we, as a support, arent the scourge we are currently being portrayed to be. Much as though I dont see it happening, it would be the perfect way of sticking it to them.

if the Celtic fans want to condemn all terrorism and terrorist groups then I will be happy to join in, but until they do that they are just a bunch of hypocrites.

Bluedell, I kinda agree with you but according to the press this recent news has nothing to do with any terrorist group. If one of the loyalist groups had said it was them then I wouldn't be having this debate.

Bluedell, I kinda agree with you but according to the press this recent news has nothing to do with any terrorist group. If one of the loyalist groups had said it was them then I wouldn't be having this debate.

No but the same press and Celtic fans are labelling it terrorism. Which it is and it is obviously despicable.

However, in the very next breath the same people sing (or condone) songs about such terrorists while ignoring Lennon's own past history.

As such, it will be a long day in hell before I clap for that hypocrite.

That would be the best response. Clap with them and unfurl a banner saying rangers against terrorism. Because as much as I dislike Lennon, I do not condone this bomb rubbish, and this would get us some positive press, and anyone that says we don't need it should get their head out the sand!!

Guest millportbear
Did Lennon observe the minute's silence for the Ibrox Disaster anniversary in January?

EXACTLY...a 2 minute hokey cokey followed with a90 minute humping of the great unwashed would suit this bear. fuck them

In all honesty i could never applaud that sectarian b@stard. Better for me if we mock him and his fake applause, Do it the Glesca way pure banter style??? sing 'always look on the bright side of life" or something about the fake parcel bombs? how about Lulu's euro vision song

Lulu Boom Bang a Bang

Come closer, come closer and listen

The beat of my heart keeps on missing

I notice it most when weÃ?¢€™re kissing

Come closer and love me tonight

ThatÃ?¢€™s right

Come closer and cuddle me tight

My heart goes

Boom bang-a-bang, boom bang-a-bang

When you are near

Boom bang-a-bang, boom bang-a-bang

Loud in my ear