2 min applause for Lemmon on Sunday

Guest Diane MacLeod

I feel the need to do it in public because the public image of RFC is taking a battering and I think the 'silent majority' need to stop being so silent. And it doesn't matter whether Celtic fans would do such a thing or not. I'm a Rangers fan. And I would.

There is searing hatred on both sides and decent people on both sides. That's the reality of the situation. There are those who would boo the whole way through a minutes silence and those who would stand respectfully. I want to be one of the respectful ones and follow my team with pride.

Edited by Diane MacLeod

doesnt matter what we think of lennon, the rest of the fucking world thinks he is a martyr for all catholics and if we react in a negative way we will once again be vilified by our actions.

So far the mhanks have been playing a blinder over the affair with the letter bombs whilst the mhedia have been in overdrive nailing us to the wall from every angle.

The end result is that we are being shown to be a bunch of racist sectarian bigots and its being broadcast all around the world.

The best way to take the wind out of their sails is to join in the applause. It gives them fuck all to shout about and with the whole world watching it will give us a starting point to start undoing the lies and hatred that they have attached to our club.

I implore all in the stadium to adhere to the minutes applause, it will be the last thing those twisted bitter fucks will expect.

Sorry but have you lost your farking mind? You would have us be complicit in the fabricated victimhood they're wallowing in, just so that we might salve some imaginary and utterly unjustified sense of guilt. Until you recover some composure and are able to stand up for your own then you Sir can stick your applause for Lennon up your twitching arse. Never heard such weak-kneed shite in all the time I've posted here. Shame on you.

I'm kinda reminded of an OF game a few years back when the Rangers supporters displayed a banner with a message about how sectarianism and racism is out of order and a banner at the celtc end which said 'our truth your lies'...the irony was delicious but it kinda sums them up and joining in on an applause orchestrated by the celtc support would meet with the same response, such is their hatred...we all condemn the actions of the bomber but lets not kid ourselves that being part of the applause would be viewed with anything other than derision from the tims.

This isn't even a special thing that's organised or anything other than by Celtic supporters. They started it at Rugby Park and they're doing it in every game for the rest of the season. I don't see how anyone could feel proud of themselves for joining in with that bunch of arseholes. If you want to clap with them you'd be better off sitting in the Broomy along with them and their smoke bombs.

There seems to be a belief afoot that unless you go out of your way to show solidarity with Lennon then you are somehow condoning the pathetic idiots who are sending bombs through the post, whichever side of the divide they actually hail from. This is ridiculous. Lennon is a devious, hateful piece of pond life who will never receive anything from me but contempt. The idea of compromising my feelings because a bunch of bigoted moron are lighting candles and singing IRA songs, while their media buddies airbrush their behaviour like a session in the confessional, is contemptible. We may well have our share of morons but we stand comparison with the bheasts any day. I personally have nothing to be ashamed of and a great deal to be proud of as a Rangers supporter - and I intend to continue to stand proud in the face of this onslaught of bullshit and lies.

I know the headline on the BBC website from what Lemmon said is "The job makes me the target". I frankly find that completely wrong its the person not the job in his case, might be harsh but frankly its what I think. I don't think Martin O Neill was targeted and he is Northern Irish as well but people may correct me here.

However I don't condone bomb's sent to anyone.

Edited by metlika
extra info

Guest Diane MacLeod

Thanks for having me as part of the forum anyway guys and whatever happens 18 minutes into the match on Sunday, lets hope by 95 minutes its all smiles on the Copland Road!

Applause? Is he actually dead now then? Is that why the bheasts are grieving and spineless bears being brought to consider acts of empathy?

Or is this just another cheap trick to rub our faces in the dirt while glorifying the piece of shit currently occupying the manager's chair at Parkhead? Are there really Rangers fans around who seriously think there is some genuine purpose to the bheasts' applause? Get a grip on your selves ffs.

I hope no one starts to applaud next to me, Bear or not I'm going to give them a piece of my mind along the lines of " why are you clapping that wee bigoted piece of shite, he hates you, your culture and our club. If it was the other way round and we were applauding our manager he would not even show face in the dugout, as he deliberately missed the silence to our dear departed brethren of the Ibrox disaster"