2 min applause for Lemmon on Sunday

I know that it would feel like an incredibly difficult thing for many Rangers fans to do - to join in applause for Neil Lennon. But lets not forget that the nail bomb incident has been headline news in Europe! And whether its actually anything to do with our beloved club or not, that's how its being painted! And the fact is that this kind of behaviour is abhorrent! Somebody tried to hurt or kill the man! No matter what you think of his politics, his attitude, his behaviour its just absolutely wrong and I don't want Rangers associated with it! Joining in with the clapping on Sunday would be a protest against whoever did this and would show that Rangers fans are good, decent people who love their club. I challenge every Gers fan to have the guts to do this on Sunday. It would be a gesture to be proud of and a true act of support for Rangers Football Club

So should we show our contempt for terrorism by joining in with those who glorify it every other week? You are happy to stand with a bunch of hypocrites and denounce it ONLY because it involves the celtic manager?

We should be looking to expose their hypocrisy rather than helping with their attempt to fool people that they are actually against terrorism.

I think people are being harsh on the people proposing we join in the applause. It would be clapping to condemn a threat on someones life.

Also in the eyes of the neutral (well not really) media, and internationally and any non-sport related coverage, it would be a boost to our image, especially with this bullshit coming up at UEFA next week.

Kinda like having to get on with a cousin you despise at a family do to keep the peace. It would also wind them up something rotten, and in doing so would expose them for what they are.

I despise Neil Lennon, with a passion, but currently if you hate Neil Lennon it is because you are being sectarian (copyright scottish media/tims). This would blow any bigotry arguments out the water. I just think people are a not seeing the opportunity of helping the bigger picture...

Feck the lot of them,they are supporters of a terrorist group have actualy killed and maimed innocent men,women and children,not just threats,their propaganda has reached a new level.Lennon is a despicable bigot and has shown that publicly as a player and now as a manager.Nobody deserves bomb threats,and that is the reason I HATE the IRA,yet they celebrate what the IRA did and stand for,as Lennon does.

I'm sorry but to even contemplate joining in on this false,plastic propaganda shite is quite pathetic. I'll be at Ibrox supporting my team the Rangers and continue hating all that the C****c FC and club stands for.

While they have all the momentum and support and public perception, this will never come to light and they will keep focusing on us. and keep kicking us while we're down. I fear a backlash to this lennon support on sunday from our fans, and it will inevitably lead to more bad press for us and positive press for them.

It is the perverted twisting of any Rangers fans response to this that I am concerned about, and the only safe course of action is to join in. Do not think for one minute I agree with the rubbish those bigoted terrorist supporting scum are peddling.

What a load of hypocrites they really are they sing songs supporting terrorists, cheer when British soldiers are killed and won't take part in the remembrance of of soldiers both catholic and protestant who died in the wars. Then they want us to join in a two minute clap. I hope they get a doze of the clap.

Guest Diane MacLeod

I think that the very fact that many fans dislike the man so much makes the gesture all the more powerful. It would be saying, no matter who you are, we are a people who are big enough to put that aside for a minute and condemn terrorism related to football. Especially when its being associated with our club. Why would you not want Rangers associated with such a positive gesture?

Edited by Diane MacLeod

I think that the very fact that many fans dislike the man so much makes the gesture all the more powerful. It would be saying, no matter who you are, or what you've done to us or said about us, we are a people who are big enough to put that aside for a minute and condemn terrorism related to football. Especially when its being associated with our club. Why would you not want Rangers associated with such a positive gesture?

All due respect but we the Rangers fans do that every week while BHEAST FC promote it every week. This season in particular has seen Lennon and BHEAST FC try to destroy not only Scottish football but also Rangers FC so feck them.

I will say again I, like every other normal person, thinks these bomb threats are unacceptable but do not ask me to join with them in any hypocritical circus,why does anyone feel the need to do this in public??,everybody knows it's not acceptable!!!.

If it was WS or Ally in this position do you think the BHEASTS would be thinking about a public display in the same manner??,no don't think so.

All due respect but we the Rangers fans do that every week while BHEAST FC promote it every week. This season in particular has seen Lennon and BHEAST FC try to destroy not only Scottish football but also Rangers FC so feck them.

I will say again I, like every other normal person, thinks these bomb threats are unacceptable but do not ask me to join with them in any hypocritical circus,why does anyone feel the need to do this in public??,everybody knows it's not acceptable!!!.

If it was WS or Ally in this position do you think the BHEASTS would be thinking about a public display in the same manner??,no don't think so.

They can't even keep quiet for a minutes silence.