Caught a bit of real Radio tonight and a caller asked mark benchpress (i think thats his name) about the poppy banner at parkhead . Mr Benchpress came back right away and stated that he had infact called Celtic football Club about the matter last week.

their reply? "We will get back to you"

hes still waiting on a reply.

An investigation was promised by Celtic football club over the poppy day banner that insulted millions around the world but their lack of action over the affair merely condones the actions of the green brigade.

But this is nothing new. Were still waiting on a reply to the investigation on the coin throwing incident a few seasons back when Alan McGregor and the rangers physio were pelted with coins and then theres the ricksen lighter incident if you want to go further back too.

To quote the words of hugh keevins "the investigation is on going" journo speak for were sweeping it under the carpet. something we become accustomed to over the years.

The mhedia continually turn a blind eye to the failing of the other sides fans. they are quick to question our fans at every turn but let them off scot free.

In recent times we have seen the green brigade pervert the course of justice at hampden park by hampering the police trying to arrest fans. There was the coin throwing at tannadice during the refereeing scandal earlier in the season that went unnoticed.

How do we bring the fact that Celtic football club and their fans actions are continually going unnoticed into the public eye? From what platform do we have our say?

I dont know myself but i know id like to have one. And it is time we turned the tide and started standing up for our selves.

and make them accountable too.

The club have to get involved in this too, their continual neglect of the propaganda war against the supporters and the club is proven to be counter productive. The club must get together with us the support and agree an strategy on 'counter intelligence' work against this relentless onslaught, the time for inactivity and turning the other cheek is over imo.

If you listen to phone ins a comment you would no doubt have heard from the presenters is " its up to us journalists to ask the questions".

So feel free to put them on the spot and ask why they dont ask questions of celtic football club? Why have the incidents i mentioned earlier been allowed to conveniently disapear into the abyss never to be heard of again.

This is the type of avenue we have to take. not just one of us. all of us. we continually bitch and gripe about them but dont do anything about it.

What we have to do is select a target to use as our platform. I suggest Real Radio as they have already started the ball rolling for us regarding the poppy banner. email your support for being the only one with the balls to challenge celtic and cite other instances such as The mcgregor and ricksen affairs where celtic have failed to act and ignored their fans behaviour. we have to generate the debate in hte media and do to celtic fans what they have been doing for years.

And then theres the bbc. I was gobsmacked the have an actual bbc screen on the official celtic website. hardly impartial is it?The direct access to exclusives to Paul Mcbride QC's rants caught my eye as did the hatchet job on Rangers football club indirectly linking us to the mail bombs was a real nastly and contrived piece of work. The Vanguard bears have tried to bring to BBC to task and have forced the issue to everyones attention but there has been little effect other than a statement from the BBC along the lines of "well try to do better"

This something we must persue. continual pressure on those who accept our licence fees will reap some benefit if we do it in numbers. and we all know how to use an email. Fee free to contact your mp too. especially now voting time is just around the corner.

maybe even a petition citing our grievances to the proper authorities.

Edited by gisabeer

The poppy banner followed a banner with IRA refences and another with a sectarian word on it, both authorised by Celtic FC and its directors.

Celtic know and fully approve of the Green Brigade banners and still allow them to operate within the club.

That tells you all you need to know about their club.

Guest Dutchy

I thought it quite funny that the "No poppies on our Hoops" banner the week before was followed on Rememberance Sunday in septics game with St Mirren wearing their all green away strip.

Thus making their words to be true. There was no poppy on their hoops. Funny that I can't remember any journo brought this little matter up, but then again, that's probably too petty for our great commentators.

Two responses spring to mind. First lets start bombarding them them with our own complaints incessantly and I mean without stop( tautology?), secondly we must hit them economically, stop buying their products and hitting their websites . Worth a go I think.