I'm a target because I'm a high-profile Irish Catholic, says Celtic boss Neil Lennon

NEIL LENNON last night revealed he believes his life is under threat in this country because he is such a high-profile Irish Catholic.

The Celtic manager has received letter bombs and bullets in the post since the turn of the year and is receiving 24-hour protection.

In previous interviews he has stated religion is at the root of the hatred towards him, but this is the first time he has been specific with his thoughts.

As he prepared to take his team to Ibrox today for the SPL clash with Rangers, he told MailSport: ââ?¬Å?Thereââ?¬â?¢s something in my persona that brings out the worst in some people and I donââ?¬â?¢t know what it is.:brick:

ââ?¬Å?The bottom line is that I am a high-profile Irish Catholic and unfortunately for me some people donââ?¬â?¢t like that in this country.:ffs:

ââ?¬Å?This has been going on for 10 years. But it has got to a new level and it is uncomfortable.ââ?¬Â

Lennon has thanked his players, the Celtic fans, the police and the Parkhead security team for their support and help, adding: ââ?¬Å?Iââ?¬â?¢m okay, Iââ?¬â?¢m getting well looked after.ââ?¬Â

And on the challenge today he said: ââ?¬Å?We want to win but if we get a draw then so be it ââ?¬â?? but itââ?¬â?¢s far from over. We have done brilliantly but I donââ?¬â?¢t want the season to end flat. I want to win something and my priority is the championship.ââ?¬Â

This little Bigot just never stops,and yet some Rangers fans want to join in support of him:sigh:

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2011/04/24/i-m-a-target-because-i-m-a-high-profile-irish-catholic-says-celtic-boss-neil-lennon-86908-23083631/

Edited by ian1964

I don't think any fan proposes supporting him the person. Perhaps condemning the terrorist treatment, and use it as an opportunity to gain some good press and wind up the bigots... I hope there is something starts "cos he's a Dick, cos he's a Dick, we hate Neil Lennon cos he's a Dick" (to shaggers tune) type song starts to make our point.

Guest Dutchy

There's been a campaign building up for years to moan, greet and abuse Human Rights laws, which were not designed for this shit.

I just what an answer to my question? "If Irish Catholics, and their descendants, were so badly denied freedom to succeed in Scottish Society, why are there so many high profiles ones all complaining about the same thing?"

Seems like propaganda to me, but as more than half of the politicians and journos are catholic in this country, far out stripping the 80-20% divide of Protestants to Catholics, it looks bad for us. Especially when the other lot that are not catholics don't want to speak out for fear of being branded a bigot.

It's working a treat at the moment, but I reckon someone willget hurt sooner rather than later and then, hopefully our leaders will have to look at the sense in allowing religion to be part of government.

I'd like to see the faith Lords done away with as we should become a 100% secular country and if you abuse someone eles's religion, you get done.

I certainly don't want to see the churches gaining more power in this country as history will tell you that it's been nothing but trouble, always.