Whyte offer rejected rumour - denied by Johnston

I doubt they've even considered that possibility going by their conspicuous silence.

No statement on the web site since Wednesday, 17 November 2010 22:37

Rangers Takeover News

The Rangers Supporters Trust welcomes as extremely positive the news that Craig Whyte has stepped forward and is buying Rangers FC.

Welcoming the news, Trust Board member Kenny Park said:

"This appears to be a very positive development for the Club and Rangers fans will welcome any initiative that stabilises the club's finances and enables it to move forward. We look forward to hearing further details of Mr Whyte's plans and working with him and his board as they build for the future and strive to continue Rangers' proud tradition of success."

In the worst scenario if we can believe that Murray sold all his shares for 1 pound and that Whyte has taken a loan based on the assets of Rangers then he has spent 1 pound to buy us. Surely that can't be true.:confused:

85% is quoted on the most things I have read.

Close enough. It's 85.6082% through Murray International Holdings Limited, Murray Group Holdings Limited, Murray MHL Limited, Dunwilco 172 Limited and David Murray Holdings Limited.

I suppose it could be argued that whether Whyte can take us private or not rests in Dave Kings hands as I honestly can't see the 26,400 small shareholders parting with theirs, personally no offer could make me part with mine.

In the worst scenario if we can believe that Murray sold all his shares for 1 pound and that Whyte has taken a loan based on the assets of Rangers then he has spent 1 pound to buy us. Surely that can't be true.:confused:

Why do you think he was so keen to do the deal, he's quids in already.

I think that's about it. Either Rangers are borrowing money from CW/Offshore Company (financed by who knows) against their assets or CW owns Rangers so can pledge Rangers assets to borrow money from his bankers (whoever they are) or Offshore Company or both? Clever eh.........

I think that's about it. Either Rangers are borrowing money from CW/Offshore Company (financed by who knows) against their assets or CW owns Rangers so can pledge Rangers assets to borrow money from his bankers (whoever they are) or Offshore Company or both? Clever eh.........

The "debt free" brigade just won't believe you, they think Mr Whyte is the second coming when he's just a very naughty boy!

The "debt free" brigade just won't believe you, they think Mr Whyte is the second coming when he's just a very naughty boy!

"Debt free" is, was and always will be utter nonsense. Unless the good Mr Whyte is gifting us �£22 million or whatever, all that is happening is that we are exchanging LBG for Whyte and Co.

Time will tell if this is a good thing for RFC. Clearly Mr Johnston doesn't think it is and I tend to believe him, unlike Bain & Co, he had nothing to lose and has plenty more to do with his time.

Close enough. It's 85.6082% through Murray International Holdings Limited, Murray Group Holdings Limited, Murray MHL Limited, Dunwilco 172 Limited and David Murray Holdings Limited.

I suppose it could be argued that whether Whyte can take us private or not rests in Dave Kings hands as I honestly can't see the 26,400 small shareholders parting with theirs, personally no offer could make me part with mine.

I can't see King selling to him to be honest but I suppose again in the worst scenario he may get an offer he can't refuse. Also possibly paid by Rangers?

"Debt free" is, was and always will be utter nonsense. Unless the good Mr Whyte is gifting us �£22 million or whatever, all that is happening is that we are exchanging LBG for Whyte and Co.

Time will tell if this is a good thing for RFC. Clearly Mr Johnston doesn't think it is and I tend to believe him, unlike Bain & Co, he had nothing to lose and has plenty more to do with his time.

You seem to be arguing this a bit too aggressively for me. The 22M does not quite have to be a gift, it could be the de facto purchase price.