Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I reckon Cuellar would probably be a loan deal as opposed to an outright buy.

Would managerless Villa really be looking to send players on loan before securing a new manager?

It could be August before Cuellar is fit having just undergone knee surgery!

On the other subject of Frings (34) would people prefer the German or an unlikely return for Gennaro Ivan Gattuso (33)?

Edited by Stefanovitch

Would managerless Villa really be looking to send players on loan before securing a new manager?

It could be August before Cuellar is fit having just undergone knee surgery!

Yeah, and I'd fancy they'll have a manager by then while we won't pay hard cash for a guy who hasn't proved his fitness after a serious option. ;)

Generally I'd say the Cuellar link is just lazy journalism and is probably inaccurate at this stage. I'd also reckon if we buy/loan from the English market it won't happen until the last hours of the window anyway due to the EPL 25man rule. I'm hoping we'll be doing our business elsewhere for the most part.

Yeah, and I'd fancy they'll have a manager by then while we won't pay hard cash for a guy who hasn't proved his fitness after a serious option. ;)

Generally I'd say the Cuellar link is just lazy journalism and is probably inaccurate at this stage. I'd also reckon if we buy/loan from the English market it won't happen until the last hours of the window anyway due to the EPL 25man rule. I'm hoping we'll be doing our business elsewhere for the most part.

I hope you're right I'd rather have a fit and cheaper Granqvist than an unfit and expensive Cuellar. I reckon a pairing of Granqvist and Bartley would be pretty solid.

I hope you're right I'd rather have a fit and cheaper Granqvist than an unfit and expensive Cuellar. I reckon a pairing of Granqvist and Bartley would be pretty solid.

Yeah, I like the sound of that but would also like some genuine experience there as well.

From the BBC

McCoist is also in the hunt for American midfielder Alejandro Bedoya according to his Swedish club Orebro, but have failed in their bid to sign former Celtic target Olivier Giroud. (The Express)

Bedoya is a 24 year old midfielder whom we were linked with last summer also IIRC. He had a trial with Birmingham in January I think also.

Giroud is a 24 year old striker from Montpellier. He scored 12 goals in 37 Ligue 1 appearances this season. If we did target him then that would suggest money is available for a striker and Hemed may not be the only target.

Nono ... this is taken from a Dutch paper, perhaps going by the same name (or taking it from its German sister). I for one wouldn't be surprised to read something like "according to reports in Scotland" in those "news from" Germany. Haven't come accross anything yet.

The story was indeed taken from a Dutch website but their source is put in brackets which says (Bild):thup: