Summer Transfer thread - fun while it lasted!

I despair during transfer windows. The agents all play the press. The press make wild rumours daily (what's new).

So the end result is not much substance and a lot of bullshit.

I should learn, but every window I'm back for more.

Without rumours and made up stuff the press have nothing to give to fans hungry for the latest signing. The problem is that many of the rumours used to have foundation when we had money to spend and they were exciting rumours too. Now we sign very few players and the media competition is huge so they link us to just about anyone within our budget.

It's so bad now that it's just boring.

What I am finding interesting is the amount of free transfers we have been linked with.

I would agree. But at the same time I have no problem us being linked with free transfers, primarily as squad fillers. Hopefully McCoist is looking at the freebies as squad fillers and using his "proper funds" for the transfer fee players who would, hopefully, improve the starting XI.

Saving his gunpowder if you will.

Frings would be a very interesting signing. World class player in his day, obviously a bit past it now but would be very useful for the CL and would stroll the SPL. I'd take him. Certainly the biggest name we've been linked to so far.

Disappointed to hear the Vaughan situation is going cold.

Anything further on this Hemed chap?

I despair during transfer windows. The agents all play the press. The press make wild rumours daily (what's new).

So the end result is not much substance and a lot of bullshit.

I should learn, but every window I'm back for more.

I absolutely love the fun of windows. I love the excitement of the latest player linked with Ibrox. I'll never forget a few years back the insane Clarence Seedorf rumour started by Alan Rough on Real Radio. He later admitted he'd got that one badly wrong...

I see Spurs have signed Friedel, so maybe there is something in the story about Villa being interested in McGregor.

And the quotes were always from McCallister, not the now-departed Houllier. I sincerely hope we can tie him up. He wants to stay, and hopefully we have the funds to keep him.

Rangers'in kalecisi Allan McGregor ve sağ kanat oyuncusu Steven Whittaker'i almak isteyen Bursaspor, transferin gerÃ?§ekleşmesi iÃ?§in İskoÃ?§ golcÃ?¼sÃ?¼ Kenny Miller'ı devreye soktu.

(DHA) -- KulÃ?¼p başkanı İbrahim Yazıcı, teknik direktÃ?¶r Ertuğrul Sağlam'ın takımında gÃ?¶rmek istediği iki futbolcu iÃ?§n Rangers'a teklifini sunarken, Miller'ı da devreye soktu.

Sağlam'ın Miller'ı arayarak eski takım arkadaşları ile gÃ?¶rÃ?¼şmesini ve Bursaspor'a gelmelerinin ne tÃ?¼r avantajları olacağını anlatmasını istediği Ã?¶ğrenildi.

Kaleci McGregor ve sağ bek Whittaker iÃ?§in İskoÃ?§ kulÃ?¼bÃ?¼ ile parasal konularda anlaşmaya varıldığı, kendilerinin 'evet' demesi durumunda imzaların Ã?¶nÃ?¼mÃ?¼zdeki hafta iÃ?§erisinde atılacağı bildirildi.

Bursaspor'da kiralık olarak yarım sezon forma giyen ABD'li Jozy Altidore, yeşil-beyazlı takımda kalmak istiyor. Bir milyon euro bonservis bedeli olan Altidore'un gelecek sezon da kiralanmasının gÃ?¼ndemde olduğu Ã?¶ğrenildi.

http://www.cnnturk.com/2011/spor/futbol/06/03/bursasporda.transfer.icin.miller.devrede/618884.0/index.html

Google Translate:

Rangers goalkeeper Allan McGregor and Steven Whittaker'i right-winger who wish to Bursaspor, the Scottish striker Kenny Miller for the realization of transfer is launched.

(DHA) - Club President Abraham Printer, coach Ertuğrul Sağlam ICN team wants to see two players bid for Rangers, while Miller also launched.

Scott Miller with his former teammates by calling Bursaspor'a coming to call, and wanted to tell what kind of advantages will be learned.

Goalkeeper McGregor, Whittaker, and right-back for the Scottish club agreed with the monetary issues, their 'yes' to the case say the signatures will be taken within the next week were reported.

Played in half a season on loan Bursaspor'da American Jozy Altidore, the team wants to stay in the green-white. The cost of a million euro Altidore'un testimonial next season is also on the agenda had kiralanmasının.