Hang your heads in shame

Guest scotranger

The statement yeaterday by Rangers IBC is in my opinion, an utter disgrace and those responsible for both the timing and its issue, should resign from the Rangers board forthwith. This especially applies to our current chairman AJ and so called "number 1 fan". At a time when we at last have some hope for the future, the very people who got us into a total mess in the first place and who have stood back over the last two years, doing nothing, whilst the club was being run into the ground , decide to issue this disgusting statement.The HMRC problem if indeed it actually turns out to be one, would have happened in any case and was not the fault of CW. Sir David Murray passed over his shares for the sum of �£1 after another surprise tax bill of �£2.9m was unearthed. Here yet again this bill was not a problem generated by CW. The current board are fully responsible! CW will clear off the club debt and invest in the future. The Plan B being considered by the board, turned out to be a non starter. IF CW had walked away, just what solutions were the IBC going to make? I venture to say NONE. We had no possibility to hold on to major stars, no money to attract fresh talent. At the very least CW offers us practical hope and this should be greeted with some dignity.

The liabilities RFC face today are the same as they faced yesterday however the same cannot be said for Murray, MIH and LBG.

The damage done to RFC was done long before Paul Murray ever sat on the board.

CW has not and will not clear RFC's debt, he may have removed any potential exposure for LBG and lifted a millstone from round Murrays neck but RFC are still fully exposed.

If CW had walked away the Plan B would have been implemented, Plan B only ever came about because of the potentially fatal flaws in Plan A.

CW's �£1 was nothing more than a bet that we would win the tax case, if we lose CW loses nothing as he will have secured his debt (most probably against Ibrox) and will be a preferred creditor, if we win then he got the bargain of the century.

The liabilities RFC face today are the same as they faced yesterday however the same cannot be said for Murray, MIH and LBG.

The damage done to RFC was done long before Paul Murray ever sat on the board.

CW has not and will not clear RFC's debt, he may have removed any potential exposure for LBG and lifted a millstone from round Murrays neck but RFC are still fully exposed.

If CW had walked away the Plan B would have been implemented, Plan B only ever came about because of the potentially fatal flaws in Plan A.

CW's �£1 was nothing more than a bet that we would win the tax case, if we lose CW loses nothing as he will have secured his debt (most probably against Ibrox) and will be a preferred creditor, if we win then he got the bargain of the century.

Dont ever do this but will do this time mate, i feel your pain.

A lot of what Forlanssister, Bluedells, Brahims and Frankie's statements over the Whyte issue make a lot of sense. I don't blame Whyte for trying to get Rangers on the cheap and to be honest I think that no matter who the owner was that if we lose the tax case Ibrox and Murray park was always going to be the only bargaining tool available. It breaks my heart to say it but I agree with FS MIH has got rid of that tax bill very cheaply.

Guest scotranger
ââ?¬Å?It all comes back to success on the field. The most important thing is we do well and we win trophies ââ?¬â?? and obviously Iââ?¬â?¢m a passionate Rangers supporter and thatââ?¬â?¢s a big part of it as well.ââ?¬Â

Whatever our opinions, the above statement sums it up