Hang your heads in shame

Guest scotranger

The funding in watties second spell can more than easily be wiped out by the sales of Cuellar and Hutton to name just two , how any fan of our club can still hang onto the fact that Murray was some sort of financial guru is beyond me , for over 10 years we have had the stench of debt not only hanging around our necks but nearly throttling us , in that time Murray ran away twice , at least this time he is gone for good .

The legacy of Murray's tenure is one of a wasted opportunity of building a club and legacy so strong we could have dominated for years , he had every opportunity and advantage at his finger tips yet he wasted everyone on short sighted gains .Yes everyone will come back with " he gave us NIAR " however he was meant to see the bigger picture , unfortunately he dropped the ball , dont let the door slam you on the arse on the way oot Davie

Guest Dutchy
Just to be clear, there's no site policy about liking Murray or not, for heaven's sake. You're probably fair in saying most people here are skeptical of Murray, but it comes in various shades of grey. You'll never be moderated for liking Murray, you'll just have to back up your opinion with some reasoned analysis as people will likely want to disagree. Any and all consensus here is (or at least ought to be) a product of discussion, not policy. :)

I'm not really too bothered about Murray TBH, he's just another business man that wants to stick out his chest with his other rich mates when having boasting competions. But he did choose to invest his money in Rangers, after being shown the door from the Fleeting brothers at Ayr. And I gave up my season ticket after hearing some of Murray's comments about the fans only providing 40% of our income, so I'm not a Murray lover, I just think he deserves credit for trying something with Rangers, even though it may well have ultimately failed.

The reason I don't belive your claims on fair and clear discussions is because any post can be removed, and I have had my posts removed on another site.

All this may be to do with my increasing despondancy on the merits of saying anything on the internet, as there seems to be other people, usually the mods, whose opinions seem to have more sway and developes a sense of conformity amongst the members.

I think it best to say what I want to, without the use of abuse, and see who prefers to abuse me, then ignore them.

On a seperate matter: I've not been able to get much posting done as there is no 'button' to click to send a particlar message. I went to the alternative Back Up Forum, but couldn't get in there. I now assume I have to re-register on the back up forum?

Seems you're unfairly generalising this forum and its users as a result of your experiences elsewhere. To be clear, no posts will be removed here unless they breach our simple rules.

Hopefully you'll come to realise that if you continue to use the forum.

Unsure what you mean about posting problems? What button are you wanting to use?

PS: Yes, the back-up form is different (free) software on separate hosting so you'll need to register there also.

I'm not really too bothered about Murray TBH, he's just another business man that wants to stick out his chest with his other rich mates when having boasting competions. But he did choose to invest his money in Rangers, after being shown the door from the Fleeting brothers at Ayr. And I gave up my season ticket after hearing some of Murray's comments about the fans only providing 40% of our income, so I'm not a Murray lover, I just think he deserves credit for trying something with Rangers, even though it may well have ultimately failed.

The reason I don't belive your claims on fair and clear discussions is because any post can be removed, and I have had my posts removed on another site.

All this may be to do with my increasing despondancy on the merits of saying anything on the internet, as there seems to be other people, usually the mods, whose opinions seem to have more sway and developes a sense of conformity amongst the members.

I think it best to say what I want to, without the use of abuse, and see who prefers to abuse me, then ignore them.

On a seperate matter: I've not been able to get much posting done as there is no 'button' to click to send a particlar message. I went to the alternative Back Up Forum, but couldn't get in there. I now assume I have to re-register on the back up forum?

You shouldn't need the back-up forum mate as that is only if the site is down. BMCK, Frankie or Zappa are the technicians on board so maybe you could drop them an PM.

For the other part of your post we only delete posts if it is a personal attack on someone or if the Language is thought to be not suitable. That does not mean we delete it for every swear word we all use them but more where the swearing out-weighs the post. We certainly don't delete because someone has a different opinion.

The funding in watties second spell can more than easily be wiped out by the sales of Cuellar and Hutton to name just two , how any fan of our club can still hang onto the fact that Murray was some sort of financial guru is beyond me , for over 10 years we have had the stench of debt not only hanging around our necks but nearly throttling us , in that time Murray ran away twice , at least this time he is gone for good .

The legacy of Murray's tenure is one of a wasted opportunity of building a club and legacy so strong we could have dominated for years , he had every opportunity and advantage at his finger tips yet he wasted everyone on short sighted gains .Yes everyone will come back with " he gave us NIAR " however he was meant to see the bigger picture , unfortunately he dropped the ball , dont let the door slam you on the arse on the way oot Davie

That pretty much sums up the Murray years, wasted opportunity, inept management and deceit.

That pretty much sums up the Murray years, wasted opportunity, inept management and deceit.

Worse than any of these things is the indefensible lack of defence of the fans. That's the one, for me. People can make mistakes - but that's an almost moral failing.

Listen, we've all been through the FF mill, some of us several times over. But let me assure you that this isn't a place where posts are deleted, opinion censored or members banned without cause. If it was then I would have been toast long ago. That Gersnet isn't run on the same basis as the likes of FF is exactly why so many of us come here and as often as not stay. So have your say and don't be a shrinking violet if someone disagrees with you.

Worse than any of these things is the indefensible lack of defence of the fans. That's the one, for me. People can make mistakes - but that's an almost moral failing.

As always, great insight.

Did we both take a sabbatical at the same time because I haven't seen you post for what seems like many weeks. I've been too busy at work to visit here much these last few weeks and I have a suspicion you ain't been around much either.