Rino will be back one day...

"Rino Gattuso sensationally revealed last night he's agreed to return to Rangers" screams the back page of the NOTW.

However, sadly his contract expires in 5 years (2011, when he's 33). He does however state he's disillusioned with Italian football and may come sooner if a fee is agreed. He states wages won't be a problem and has already shaken on deal with David Murray.

"I get really pissed off watching a bad Rangers performance, even though i left seven years ago. That's not natural.

I watched the last Old Firm game and wanted to jump into the TV and help out that midfield."

"I'm a Catholic, and i'm getting pissed off when a Protestant team gets beat by a Catholic one and in that moment i'm hating the Catholic team. It's a really weird thing, that. I don't do it deliberately. It just comes naturally."

"I'm going to go back. I've promised myself and the president, and i'm adamant that it will happen. I won't go there to take a pension. I won't go at 35 or 36 - i'll go when i've still got something to offer them, at a European level as well as Scottish."

"Rangers bring out some really strong feelings in me. I'm really protective of that whole experience and what it gave me - it made me who i am today."

----------------------------------------------------

Dear God, what we would give for Rino at Ibrox at this moment in time - this interview has slightly cheered me up this morning, but it has also saddened me a bit - remember the midfield that we once had - Gazza, Rino, Albertz, Gio, Reyna, Tugay and remember that Mr Liar told us they would be replaced by better players...

Anyway, haste you back wee man

Cammy F

How good would it be if we got him back for a few good seasons. He would certainly teach a few of the players what it means to wear the jersey, hes a proper leader.

Its wierd, as im reading that Im wearing my Gattuso T-shirt.

There's just one thing about this 'sensational' story. At the moment we can't seem to afford to spend 1M pound on a player. How much would it cost to get Rino back? I would love to see him back, but it's never going to happen unless it's when he's about 35.

The Times has this interview today. He's apparently promised Murray he'll come back and they reckon that due to his loyalty, Milan won't stand in his way if he wants to go in a few years. He's also adamant that it won't be to get a pension (a la Roy Keane) and he'll still be able to do a job, so maybe when he's 30/31? Wages won't be an issue either.

Who knows, but he pointed out that this definitely isn't a PR thing and it will happen. We can only hope!

anyone else think tis alittle strange this coming out just after the ICT game when many fans started to turn on Murray and question why we aint signing big players and spending more cash?

I THINK Mr Murray might have his hand up Rino's arse , moving his lips.

... before he's past it! Wish it was now.

http://www.football.co.uk/rangers/gattuso_targets_rangers_return_235616.shtml

Italy midfielder Gennaro Gattuso has promised to return to Rangers before the end of his career.

The World Cup winner was a firm favourite with the Ibrox faithful during a 15-month spell in Glasgow early in his career, but manager Dick Advocaat did not share the fans' enthusiasm and sold Gattuso to Salernitana in 1998.

The 28-year-old, who now plays his club football for AC Milan, is still annoyed about Advocaat's decision and has told Gers chairman David Murray that he feels he was unfinished business in Scotland.

He said: "I don't know when it will happen but it will happen.

"I just have to go back and it's a promise I have made to myself and David Murray.

"I spoke to David in August in Edinburgh and he told me the door was always open for me. There won't be any problems with money.

"I know they are going through a bad time financially, and I won't go there to take a pension either.

"I won't go at 35 or 36, I'll go when I've still got something to offer them, at European level as well as Scottish.

"When I left Glasgow, it wasn't through the main door, I was forced to flee almost like some sort of thief, at four in the morning. That's stuck in my throat since.

"I'm a player who wants people to see how much I put into things, not someone who just runs away in the night.

"I've got a debt towards Rangers fans because of the way I left. They helped me get where I am. I just have to go back."

Gattuso, who is married to a Scot, is contracted to AC Milan until 2011.

If we could get him back around the age of 30 then he will still have a good 3 seasons to sit in our midfield again.

He has stated it for years that he would play again so I actually believe this and cant wait until he returns.