Lafferty - I�M the best partner for Jela

I've been probably Gersnet's biggest Lafferty supporter, but I'm not sure I'd want to see him partner Jela permanently. I feel like this is a time for change, and strengthening the team, and bringing in new blood to enhance what we have.

While Kyle proved himself after the split, and showed what I knew he was capable of, I still have in mind someone who won't split the fans, who we'll all like, and who gets goals, works hard, is classy on the ball and can make chances. As for who that is, I dunno. Maybe this Hemed chap.

If we land Goodwillie I'd expect to see him and Jelavic start as the front pairing,

It would then be up to Kyle to force his way back into team and only way to do that is to continue form he finished season with.

All in all that would only benefit us if we have 3 strikers scoring reguarly,

Have to admit up until the business end of last season I was expecting Lafferty to depart this summer as he had been to inconsistent IMO, now I am hoping he stays and kicks on from where he left off.

Guest Dutchy

As most others, if lafferty can start the season as he seems to finish them, he's been good in previous seasons as well, then him and Jelavic would be a great combination. But it is a big if, going by previous years. I don't think he's done nearly enough in his time with us, but maybe now he is showing some maturity and he will improve. At least a wee bit more consitancy would be good. AT LEAST!

Goodwillie is a decent player but am unsure how well he'd do upon the step-up.

For example, Naismith was always a better prospect than him and has taken a while to really find consistency.

Laffertys problem has been consistency, yet that hasnt been helped when he is asked to play wide left. He certainly did the business in the last few games of the season and Id be happy going into the new season with those 2 upfront.

He is definitely a centre forward only and seems to be maturing at last.