Guest Dutchy

If we're going to go further in Europe, I suspect we'll need 4 strikers, but we could do with some more defenders. I'm sure that Rangers and Whyte will not be geting us into the high levels of debt again and will not be held to ransom by any team, or player.

I've read that not much will be happening until about 3 weeks before the window closing, so there will not be much done at the moment.

Is Weiss not going to Italy,Udinese I think I read somewhere???

Didnt hear about that one at all Ian. Disappointing news if this is the case, I thought he would be a cert to be back at the start of the season.

I've read that not much will be happening until about 3 weeks before the window closing, so there will not be much done at the moment.

If true we will be into about the 3rd game of the season with 17 players this can't be true. Business needs to be done quickly so the team can gel because there is hopefully going to be a few additions, plus CL qualifiers. I just don't see the method in that at all.

Do we need Goodwillie and Hemed?

Does McCoist know/think that one of our strikers is leaving?

Well, Jelavic is the real thing, but strike him out through injury et al, and there is a major gap up front. Lafferty, despite being sensational during the run in, is still a touch too inconsistent over the course of the season (age factor, maybe), and then we would be left with Beattie (decent, but not your 20-goals a season man) - I would rather keep Healy, TBH - and Naismith, who is far better playing as an attacking midfielder. Four to five versatile strikers should be Coisty's aim, and from what I have seen Hemed and Goodwillie would provide that. So a primary strikeforce of Jela, Hemed, Goodwillie, and Lafferty would be fine, with Healy as back up. Do keep in mind that Jela might not be a long term option either. I firmly believe that if we do not survive past x-mas in the CL, some big-money offer will drop in from the EPL in January. Thus Lafferty and Goodwillie, supported by Naismith could be the backbone of our SPL strikeforce for seasons to come. Jela, Hemed and the like will sure add that extra bit special needed home and abroad.

At least he's going to wait to see what the outcome of the rape case is.

Does anyone know when the trial is?

I thought the rape case was dropped due to lack of evidence? Im positive it was in my local newspaper because it was in Livingston's court...

Guest Dutchy
If true we will be into about the 3rd game of the season with 17 players this can't be true. Business needs to be done quickly so the team can gel because there is hopefully going to be a few additions, plus CL qualifiers. I just don't see the method in that at all.

I'm forgetting the league starts much earlier this year, so indeed, we'd be a few games into the season on my reasoning.

Still, we can sign players up until the close and I'm thinking that a bit of that will go on, bearing in mind we do need a couple signed up fairly quickly.

Well, Jelavic is the real thing, but strike him out through injury et al, and there is a major gap up front. Lafferty, despite being sensational during the run in, is still a touch too inconsistent over the course of the season (age factor, maybe), and then we would be left with Beattie (decent, but not your 20-goals a season man) - I would rather keep Healy, TBH - and Naismith, who is far better playing as an attacking midfielder. Four to five versatile strikers should be Coisty's aim, and from what I have seen Hemed and Goodwillie would provide that. So a primary strikeforce of Jela, Hemed, Goodwillie, and Lafferty would be fine, with Healy as back up. Do keep in mind that Jela might not be a long term option either. I firmly believe that if we do not survive past x-mas in the CL, some big-money offer will drop in from the EPL in January. Thus Lafferty and Goodwillie, supported by Naismith could be the backbone of our SPL strikeforce for seasons to come. Jela, Hemed and the like will sure add that extra bit special needed home and abroad.

Good points there. I also think if we get 1 or 2 more out and out strikers in the squad it stops players like moving out of position to cover others. As you say if Jelavic is out then we are looking around the squad to come in and replace him. Lafferty's good form could be down to playing upfront with jelavic.

Beattie isnt worth thinking about. I quite like Healy but he is more of a poacher and we need a few more strikers who can play more deep and make things tick. Fleck is obviously still in the squad and much was expected of him to be this type of player but I wonder if he will feature much again.

I thought the rape case was dropped due to lack of evidence? Im positive it was in my local newspaper because it was in Livingston's court...

The case hasn't been dropped but feck knows when the trial is.

Guest Dutchy

There was some contrasting reports about this case, I remember hearing something similar about it being kicked out, but then nothing since, except reports about him facing a rape charge. It's obvious if he's convicted, he's not going to sign for Rangers, but as pointed out, when the fuck is the trial???

There was some contrasting reports about this case, I remember hearing something similar about it being kicked out, but then nothing since, except reports about him facing a rape charge. It's obvious if he's convicted, he's not going to sign for Rangers, but as pointed out, when the fuck is the trial???

Gazza will be able to say better than me but to my knowledge\memory you have to be brought before a judge within 101 days of being formally charged. This may have changed though as it is 32 years ago since I lived in Britain.