Sum Walter up in three words.

I am afraid I am not going to crawl up his arse making him the greatest thing since sliced bread so. Crapped UEFA final

And Fucked up 10-in-a-row have to fit in there somewhere.

Certainly his dignity, loyalty and general personality made him an outstanding leader of the club.

I am afraid I am not going to crawl up his arse making him the greatest thing since sliced bread so. Crapped UEFA final

And Fucked up 10-in-a-row have to fit in there somewhere.

Certainly his dignity, loyalty and general personality made him an outstanding leader of the club.

Well said Pete, whilst I agree with you to a small degree I appreciate your honesty.

Best Gers manager of my time? absolutely! But first few titles were on the back of challenges from Aberdeen and Motherwell. Celtic got realistically near in 1995 and WS dug deep and won 9IAR....best moments of my Gers years without doubt! As you say he probably cost us 10IAR with a bit of stubborness, yet it didnt help Advocaat was announing signings around march that year which led to Gazza leaving, Goram even said a half fit Gazza would have taken us across the finishing line.

UEFA cup final....I agree with you there, defensive shambles that night! Should have went for it.

But Walter put that ghost of 1998 to bed with 3IAR (should be 4) puts him up there with the best for me. Old terry Butcher gave us a wee helping hand. I just wonder 'what if" WS played the attacking way for the last 3 seasons!!!

This season might turn out to be a case of "i wish we still had Walter"

Greatest Rangers Manager.

Not for me. Got a bit to go to beat Mr Struth's record. Also, his european record of games for/against, left a lot to be desired - and yes, I do remember 2008. I also blame him for 1998.

Edited by Kenzie1

Not for me. Got a bit to go to beat Mr Struth's record. Also, his european record of games for/against, left a lot to be desired - and yes, I do remember 2008. I also blame him for 1998.

Whit? Are you serious man? Blame him? 1998 his team were UNBEATEN? FFS! You might NEVER see a Rangers team and Europe get mentioned ever again in the same sentence in your lifetime. Get real.