Rangers in verbal deal with their No.1

ALLAN McGREGOR has reached an agreement in principle to sign a new contract with Rangers.

The Scotland goalkeeper still has two years of his deal left but Rangers are determined to secure him on a contract that will increase his wages and tie him to Ibrox until 2016. Herald Sport understands that McGregor has now reached a verbal agreement with Craig Whyte, the club�s owner, on a deal which will make him one of the highest-paid players at the club.

http://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/spl/rangers/rangers-in-verbal-deal-with-their-no-1-1.1108408?68802

WEST BROM last night failed in a dramatic swoop for Rangers keeper Allan McGregor.

And SunSport can reveal the Scotland No 1 is on the brink of sealing a new deal with the SPL champs.

Baggies gaffer Roy Hodgson wanted McGregor to replace former England keeper Scott Carson, who is destined for a �£2million switch to Turkish cracks Bursaspor.

West Brom sporting director Dan Ashworth last night made an official enquiry about the 29-year-old star.

But he was told that McGregor was NOT for sale and remained locked in contract negotiations at Ibrox.

And it's believed those talks are close to a successful conclusion.

McGregor has two years left on his contract, but Gers recently offered him a bumper six-year deal.

And Ibrox owner Craig Whyte revealed McGregor had given him a personal assurance he would stay.

Meanwhile, Madjid Bougherra says he has no plans to quit Ibrox.

The Algerian ace was this week linked with a move to Swiss side Neuchatel Xamax, but he said: "I have not negotiated with any club.

"I am on holiday with my family and I have completely forgotten about football.

"There has been no offers for me and I will be back in Glasgow for pre-season training."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3658596/Bid-to-Bag-Al-repelled-by-Gers.html#ixzz1QHNj5Nqf

Didn't see this, posted it in the transfers thread.

After the shite of the last 2 days related to Whittaker and Cuellar from our new manager, this comes as something of decent news.

I'm getting pretty annoyed by the blow by blow accounts of transfer/contract dealings coming from us, as I'm sure many are. Ally, two words you need to learn are NO COMMENT! Also paying Whittaker 20g a week is nothing short of negligence. It seems like Ally feels that keeping us all informed is a way of ingratiating himself to us. Mate, we prefer it when we've heard fuck all, other clubs are in the dark and the next big thing is holding up a Rangers top on the six o'clock news!!!!

Now McGregor is worthy of being the highest paid player at the club. How Whittaker fits into that bracket Im not too sure.

I think most of the fans would agree with you Gribz, but it's not up to us, if Ally thinks Whittaker is worth it then that's all that matters.

I think most of the fans would agree with you Gribz, but it's not up to us, if Ally thinks Whittaker is worth it then that's all that matters.

That is true, but unlike Walter he hasn't earned our trust yet. We're allowed to completely disagree with the guy, given his lack of experience. So we're allowed to say he's wrong and criticise what he's doing.

With Walter in the last 2 or so years especially, whatever he did, even if it was dubious, he'd earned the 'In Walter We Trust'. Ally's nowhere near that yet.

I'm getting pretty annoyed by the blow by blow accounts of transfer/contract dealings coming from us, as I'm sure many are.

Especially when Whyte recently said that leaks from the club had been too common and would need to be dealt with.

Especially when Whyte recently said that leaks from the club had been too common and would need to be dealt with.

One has to assume that McCoist has the owner's blessing to talk as he has. If he didnt then Whyte would already have told him to curb it by now.