"You'll Never Walk Alone" - why do Celtic sing it?

Have I missed something? As a kid I followed Liverpool as my English team largely due to Dalglish and the other Scots. And for as long as I can remember, I associated You'll Never Walk Alone with the Kop and 'Pool, for obvious reasons.

So when did Celtic fans decide to start singing it and how come they get away with it?! Just seems a bit strange, that's all.

They don't claim to sing it first, it's well known it's a Liverpool song.

Celtic aren't the only mob who sing it either. Not as often, but you'll hear renditions of it from the likes of Ipswich, AEK Athens and even Ajax and Feyenoord, to name a few.

No doubt they'll say it was them who sung it first blah blah blah.

How much is Archie McPherson licking Celtic Football Clubs arsehole tonight?

I asked the same question mate , mcpherson wis right up their arses

and will UEFA fine celtic for singing YNWA?

they did ban celtic from singin git.

Why would they fine them for singing it?

Not being cheeky, before you make a smart-arse comment, but I just hadn't even heard of UEFA banning them from singing it.

I can't see how that's true.

I dont think they were banned from singing it, they were told not to play it over the tannoy as UEFA only wanted the CL theme playing - so as long as Celtic didn't play it over the tannoy they are ok.

FC Twente also sing it as the game is starting but they also seem to have a bond with Celtic as many supporters wear Celtic tops.

Here is another point worth discussing. I like the song sung by Gerry and the pacemakers and Written by Rogers and Hammerstein for the 1945 Broadway musical 'Carousel', Should i hate it just because the tims sing it? I don't, if it comes on the radio i sing it at full volume. I won't let the tims rob me of a song i really like.

I asked the same question mate , mcpherson wis right up their arses

and will UEFA fine celtic for singing YNWA?

they did ban celtic from singin git.

they only banned from playing it out of the speakers BEFORE the match

i think they can still play it at half time though