Official: Juan Manuel Ortiz a Rangers player

There's some info in the transfer rumours thread up top in the sticky thread section mate. Basically he's a product of the Atletico Madrid youth system and currently a player for Almeria who were relegated from La Liga this year. He's now 29 and I think his biggest club was Osasuna a few years back but he got a good few games for them for player in La Liga. Plays on either wing as a midfielder or full back and played most of last season as a full back for Almeria. Sounds very interesting to me, although I wouldn't say he's very tall for a defender, so if we sign him I think his main role might be to provide some competition and options for the midfield right and left.

Thanks Zappa - I'll start checking the sticky thread section in future when looking for info, cheers mate.

Personally, I think it's cool to post a new topic like you've done here mate because in this case it's got some substance with quotes from the guy at Almeria etc. It's maybe only when threads about rumours with no real substance get started that they'd get moved into (merged with) the main transfer rumours thread.

It's all good and this Ortiz guy looks quite interesting. A wee bit old for my liking, but with age comes experience, so you never know, he might be a cracking find! :)

Good to see that we finally get a right-midfielder, so we won't send Davis out there. Maybe he can also cover for Whittaker, so it looks that Foster might have to endure the vile banter of the Aberdeen support for some time to come. Then again, one never knows ...

Good to see that we finally get a right-midfielder, so we won't send Davis out there. Maybe he can also cover for Whittaker, so it looks that Foster might have to endure the vile banter of the Aberdeen support for some time to come. Then again, one never knows ...

Has it been announced Officially that he has signed

have heard Clyde 1 say he has but haven't seen it anywhere yet

in work just now and teh official site is blocked so can't view it