I will judge McCoist after his first season in charge not after 2 competitive games and meaningless friendlies. I logged into FF last night and some of the stuff on there was shocking, sack Ally now, he's not good enough and never was etc etc, shameful stuff. How a manager of any team be judged after 2 games is beyond me. Once he (hopefully) gets more players in and players he wants then maybe i'll judge him more but these players will also need time to settle into Scottish football and also playing for a club like Rangers. I remember even legends such as McCoist and Hately taking time to settle and look what they did for us!

Only time will tell if he will be successful or not but I will certainly give him more time and won't be panicking yet.

Edited by johnnyk

I will judge McCoist after his first season in charge not after 2 competitive games and meaningless friendlies. I logged into FF last night and some of the stuff on there was shocking, sack Ally now, he's not good enough and never was etc etc, shameful stuff. How a manager of any team be judged after 2 games is beyond me. Once he (hopefully) gets more players in and players he wants then maybe i'll judge him more but these players will also need time to settle into Scottish football and also playing for a club like Rangers. I remember even legends such as McCoist and Hately taking time to settle and look what they did for us!

Only time will tell if he will be successful or not but I will certainly give him more time and won't be panicking yet.

That's fair enough. Problem is none of us really want to be sitting here and saying 'yes, we've lost the league, we can now judge he was a failure'.

The (at times irrational) kneejerk reactions is because people see a regime that's had a poor start, and get concerned that it will lead to a loss of the league.

Some don't want to wait till we've lost before judging.

They'd rather prevent that from happening.

As for panicking, I'll be majorly concerned if we're not in the group stage, because that will cost us millions in revenue. But the way we've played so far this season, I can't see much evidence that we can make the group stage.

That's fair enough. Problem is none of us really want to be sitting here and saying 'yes, we've lost the league, we can now judge he was a failure'.

The (at times irrational) kneejerk reactions is because people see a regime that's had a poor start, and get concerned that it will lead to a loss of the league.

Some don't want to wait till we've lost before judging.

They'd rather prevent that from happening.

As for panicking, I'll be majorly concerned if we're not in the group stage, because that will cost us millions in revenue. But the way we've played so far this season, I can't see much evidence that we can make the group stage.

So what is the solution Danny? Not having a go just asking what can be done that Ally is not already doing? What can be done to prevent us losing?

It's very easy for us fans to have a go from outside, every player/manager is a risk and every player/manager won't be a success and we won't win the league every year.

Personally, I've got 2 dates in mind where I'll really start weighing things up for this season.

The first date is the day after the transfer window closes when we can look at our squad and try to decide whether or not we think it's good enough.

The second date is the new year game against Celtic which is on the 28th December this season. We need to be going into that game with a chance of still winning the title no matter whether we win it or lose it. If we're going into that game 10 points or more behind Celtic, then losing it would effectively mean losing the title at the piggery on the 28th of December.

i dont think we have the time to wait untill the transfer window is closed. We could be out of the running for the CL and the league the way things are going.

Players should have been purchased and bedded in for the start of the season. It is actually quite ameturish the way we have operated in the pre season.

much like the teams performance so far.

Players should have been purchased and bedded in for the start of the season. It is actually quite ameturish the way we have operated in the pre season.

The biggest problem here was time....I don't think there was sufficient time when you factor in players on holiday etc, and Whyte taking control at the tail end of last season.

True, they could have just gone out and paid asking price+, but they appear to want to get the best players they can @ the best prices possible. Don't think there will be any real movement from Englandshire until they have to decide there squads for the season....so longer still to wait.

With regards the current squad - it is essentially a triple championship winning squad!!! However, I feel that they are not doing the basics well enough & have no excuse. They shouldn't need time to gel after 4 weeks break. They are professional sportsmen, earning a massive wage, yet they appear like they can't be bothered - not good enough!!!

i dont think we have the time to wait untill the transfer window is closed. We could be out of the running for the CL and the league the way things are going.

much like the teams performance so far.

Like it or not, this the typical kneejerk reaction that Ally's got to endure this season. No matter how far from sensible it is, Ally's going to have to prevail over the attitudes of fans - the irrational huge demand at Rangers is something he is going to have to thrive under. He's going to have to develop a Walter Smith like disregard for opinion - and Ally is so used to being loved. I'd like it if we somehow collectively managed to give him a chance without shotgun criticism aimed at everything and anything without a moment's pause. No surrender - aye right. We're often quicker to surrender than the players we are criticising.

As I said in my posts, a major concern I have is Ally's 2 assistants. I'd have given my right arm for an experienced winner like Ray Wilkins to help Ally. Instead he has 2 guys who really, imho, aren't worthy of their positions yet. They've been promoted by default.

So basically instead of a trusty old dog like Wilkins to aid him, he has to rely on 2 guys who basically are as new to this as he is.

It's not an ideal situation, and I just hope it defies critics like me and clicks into gear as soon as possible.