Fleck needs to play 30+ games this season if he has any chance of making it long term at Ibrox. To be honest, he should really have been loaned out for the last couple of seasons and have played another 50 competitive games than he has done. Based on early season skirmishes he's not going to start games for us any time soon so I'd be delighted if he went and had a season at Blackpool.

I'm with Danny, to an extent.

I do think he has talent but I simply dont see where he has produced it for us. In fact, he is similar to Charlie Adam's Rangers career IMO. Not pacy, picks the wrong ball often and flatters to deceive frequently.

I was at the Aberdeen game at Ibrox last November and he played in his preferred advanced midfield position and, whilst he did OK, he certainly didnt leave me enthusing that he was a wonderful player. Far from it. Weiss, who is of a similar age, was far more influential, far more pacy, far more direct and just, simply, a far better player.

He hasnt shown many glimpses of this "talent" at all in my opinion. The only time he showed signs of it were, for me, last pre-season when he looked good until he got injured. Thereafter he struggled to break back in and when he did, he was a passenger far more often than not.

Zappa, you are clearly looking at a different player than I am because I expect more from an attacking player than the odd nice ball to Jelavic. We cant afford a player who provides nothing more than 2 or 3 decent passes a game. In attacking positions we need players who will influence a game and Fleck doesnt do that.

All the above said, I wouldnt want to sell him because I do think he has the talent to become a player for us - a loan would be good for him and good for us IF we then replace him with someone who will contribute more frequently to the team.

As an aside, I actually feel that we are far more positive on our younger players than we should be. We seem to get all excited about Ness, Wylde, Fleck and Hutton. I am going to stick my head above the parapet here and say that I am not as enthusiastic about them as most seem to be.

Ness - wonder strike against Celtic, very good range of passing, but looks to me like he lacks pace. Best of the bunch.

Wylde - very pacy but right now seems to have nothing other than pace in his locker. Beats a player by pushing it past him, doesnt like to go inside as he is uncomfortable with his right foot, and when he does get beyond the full back his final delivery is, mostly, very poor.

Fleck - suffering from the status placed on him at an early age. Good vision, decent range of passing, also isnt particularly pacy.

Hutton - decent range of passing, breaks up play well. But also suffers a lack of pace. A younger Lee McCulloch. Behind Ness and they are reasonably similar.

Dont get me wrong, I still have high hopes for EVERY ONE of those guys above - I just dont, presently, see that they are ready to become regulars for the 1st team, Ness aside.

The trouble with us bringing through young players is that very few of them play week-in, week-out. They get the odd run of games but then get taken out. The solution would seem to be to allow clubs to play reserve teams if the lower leagues.

The thing is,you seem to the Holloway has some special coaching talent,when the fact is Adam could not get a game in his favoured position at Rangers where he did at Blackpool. There is no special talent in that. He simply couldn't oust the players who were playing at the time from the first team.

Holloway sets his team out to suit his better players (Adam and Vaughan). Everything was played through those two last season and the season before. Holloway recognises this.

Guest Dutchy

Fleck gets so few games that I'm having trouble remembering anything he's actually done. I have a few vague recollections of some good assists and movement, but just as many bad passes, schlaffed shots or just simply lossing the ball. What he needs is games, it didn't do Charlie Adam any harm to go on loan to St Mirren for a year, so the same thing will be just the thing for Fleck.

Not only may he improve with regular footy, if Blackpool want him, they may offer something in the range of 2 million, or even another club down south if he were to do well.

Obviously, I'd much rather he was playing well for us, but it may just be that he can't realise his dream in Scotland, so what better way to advertise him than putting him in the shop window down south.