What do you think of our business so far?

I think Tumshie sums it up well.

Essentially, we've signed some interesting and capable players who fit our budget - especially since we've been knocked out the CL. I'm happy enough but would like to see another striker if we can manage to move on Beattie in particular.

One thing which is pertinent but is being missed thus far is that there was a fear over numbers of players coming in given a) we were short already and b) we were losing 3 loanees (Diouf, Bartley, Weiss). Given the players we have lost, allied to the ones we have brought in, we are already ahead in numbers by a couple of bodies which is good - and I dont think we have finished our recruitment just yet.

I reckon there is still another one or two to come in - possibly NET 1 incoming.

Either way, we should have a large enough squad to cope with the rigours of the season - whether it is strong enough or not only time will tell.

Why ? Srious question.... you seem very excited. Why ?

I was buzzing last night after we signed Bocanegra. Really really experienced defender. I think the two players we signed yesterday massively boost our squad.

I'm pleased to see more additions although I am a little confused as to why we're signing Americans. One is arguably past it at 32 albeit seems to be quality given his career, and the other hasn't been tested at a higher level than Sweden.

Add to that this McKay guy who's basically spent his career in Australia and China and while more additions are welcome, they don't seem to be an awful lot better than what we currently have.

My point is we're increasing the size of the squad, but not necessarily increasing its quality.

I was buzzing last night after we signed Bocanegra. Really really experienced defender. I think the two players we signed yesterday massively boost our squad.

We literally known nothing about Bedoya. We cannot judge him apart from knowing his career has been totally non-descript up till now. I just hope he makes the step up and proves to be a great player.

Talking about another thread it's been slow getting going this season think a lot of that done to not getting new players in quick and season a little stop start. But am really looking forward to tonights game Carlos in clearance new players signed and hopefully more to come. COME ON RANGERS.

Bedoya and McKay haven't had great careers so far but recently they've shown good promise which is why they've become more highly regarded at international level - hence increasing their reputation.

I think both are great moves and while not every player can play until they're 40 like Davie Weir, 32 year old for a central defender isn't past it.

I think it's a bit much to say a player is passed it at 32. That may have been the case 30 years ago but times have changed. Weir is about 41 and although he's probably exceptional, he's 9 years older than a 32 year old. So if the guy can last just a third of that amount it still gives him 3 years at the top - the length of his contract.

Diet, training, medicine, sports science, health and safety and just general living standards have improved dramatically and 32 is hardly old these days. Footballers don't smoke any more and tend to booze a lot less and generally look after themselves a lot more.

Chris Hoy won three medals at 32 in a sport where fitness is everything and where skill and experience are less valuable than something like football.

Goalkeepers and defenders tend to last longer in football and there are loads of examples of players playing at the highest level in their mid thirties - and we're not exactly the highest level.

Instead of the "wrong side of 30", we should really now be thinking the "wrong side of 35".

This is the market we are in at present and I am much happier with these type of solid pro's than your flashy see you players that are offski the moment some other club flashes their wedge at them .

Americans and Ausies are always solid pros , we need to solidify the club and get it on an even keel financially in Scotland where we are living with in our meanswhilst not stifling the development of our young players , if it takes two or three years then so be it , to be honest I am actually pretty comfortable with our accusitions , well done the club , even if the first weeks were a shambles

I think it's a bit much to say a player is passed it at 32. That may have been the case 30 years ago but times have changed. Weir is about 41 and although he's probably exceptional, he's 9 years older than a 32 year old. So if the guy can last just a third of that amount it still gives him 3 years at the top - the length of his contract.

Diet, training, medicine, sports science, health and safety and just general living standards have improved dramatically and 32 is hardly old these days. Footballers don't smoke any more and tend to booze a lot less and generally look after themselves a lot more.

Chris Hoy won three medals at 32 in a sport where fitness is everything and where skill and experience are less valuable than something like football.

Goalkeepers and defenders tend to last longer in football and there are loads of examples of players playing at the highest level in their mid thirties - and we're not exactly the highest level.

Instead of the "wrong side of 30", we should really now be thinking the "wrong side of 35".

Well said Calscot and they are Aussies and Yanks who take their fitness seriously