Troublesome Tax Issues Compound Financial Fears For Rangers Fans

Zappa:

I remain positive as well mate and for what it's worth (and I did allude to it in the article) I still think we'll do suitable business between now and the end of the month.

However, that doesn't mean I'm not frustrated at what I feel has been a poor performance in the transfer market. Not in terms of signings made [i think all are (or will prove) adequate enough] but the delay in obtaining the players required. This directly contributed to us going out of the CL - losing us up to �£17million in the process.

Add in the uncertainty about the tax problems, the uncertainty about our future direction and people like Phil Mcccckjujkl;bain extracting the proverbial via their sources then I'm not as happy as I hoped I would be after 3 months of Craig Whyte.

Like I say though, I am upbeat and I do appreciate 3 months is by no means long enough to judge anyone. The CL exit also had mitigating factors and the other issues I mention were not created by Whyte. However, these problems do exist so it is now up to Whyte to accept the challenge and show us the kind of progress he promised.

I don't see that as unfair - merely, well to coin a phrase, being vigilant.

I tend to agree with Zappa on this , and also dont see why the tax case can be used as any type of excuse , Whyte bought this club after extensive due dilligence and with plenty of press coverage on our difficulties , the deal was even restructured after this smaller tax issue came to light with Murray even reducing the price of his share s down from �£6million to �£1 to see this deal go through as long as Whyte paid the smaller tax bill.

If as now appears the tax has still not been paid , who's fault is it .

I am not for a moment casting Whyte as any sort of wideboy , and am extremly grateful and even thankful he took over , as the thought of where we would be with Lloyds/Muir still in charge fills me with dread , Davis , MacGregor , Whittaker sold etc ,however he and his team have to get a grip on this club and start to act in a more professional manner , especially regarding transfers and the media .

There have been very welcome signs that this may be happening and in fact we may be in for a very long journey till we get to where we all want the club to be ,but to use the current situation as an excuse when it has been known for years and months is IMHO poor .

No problem in trying to get the price down in my eyes as with transfers the money the tax office ask for is not always the amount you need to pay. They once sent me bills for 100.000 gulders and in the end i got 1500 gulders back from them. Sometimes they just ask in hope. I have no sympathy for the tax office at all they make millions in charging too much and people not claiming back what they are due.

I really can't see the case for unprofessionalism - it may be there but I can see no evidence of it. People just seem to want to point the finger at every opportunity.

How does anyone know if the tax bill has been paid or not - and what relevance does it have?

I don't pay a bill if I think it's the wrong amount - I negotiate and tell them why I think it's wrong. In fact I did that 5 minutes ago and brought a �£173 bill for servicing at a bike shop down to �£60. I'm sure by the time I pay it will creep up a bit again in "forgotten items" but I'll still not pay �£100 over the odds. I get the impression some people on here would just have paid in full - and patted themselves on the back for their "professional" behaviour.

Not at all Calscot and I agree fully we should be investigating every single thing that is uncovered , but this was uncovered months ago and should have been dealt with , or do you just believe that HMRC sent in the baillifs for a laugh , as for acting professionally there hasnt been much evidence of that to date , especially transfer wise

When this tax bill appeared was it not for money from years ago I take it when HMRC started the big investigation they went through our books with a fine tooth comb and must have found this on the books if they then added fines and interest on Whtye should challenge them even if to get some of it knocked down. Sheriff officers was a stitch up no guessing who the guy in charge supports and plays right into Whyte's hands more ammo to fire back at them for the unprofessional way it was handled.

I've negotiated with HMRC in the past but they have never sent sheriff officers to my door to serve papers. I am dealing with one at the moment where we have communicated by letter, email and phone, but it would take a lot for it to escalate to the sheriff officer stage, and don't buy that HMRC were doing it for "dramatic effect".

When this tax bill appeared was it not for money from years ago I take it when HMRC started the big investigation they went through our books with a fine tooth comb and must have found this on the books if they then added fines and interest on Whtye should challenge them even if to get some of it knocked down. Sheriff officers was a stitch up no guessing who the guy in charge supports and plays right into Whyte's hands more ammo to fire back at them for the unprofessional way it was handled.

This is what I have been saying to a few mates as well

For all the tims who are lovng this because the so called journo Phil had the scoop him having leaked the story a few days before event highlights there is an agenda against our club by certain parties or if not an agenda a leak from either within our club or the HMRC department dealing with us,

Craig Whyte and the club must have some reasonable grounds to complain and possibly look for Compensation

Not at all Calscot and I agree fully we should be investigating every single thing that is uncovered , but this was uncovered months ago and should have been dealt with , or do you just believe that HMRC sent in the baillifs for a laugh , as for acting professionally there hasnt been much evidence of that to date , especially transfer wise

How do we know the 2.8mill hasn't been paid and it's the add ons their are arguing over, but to send a sheriff officer to the front door and let everyone know it's going to happen something stinks in this whole mess.