Troublesome Tax Issues Compound Financial Fears For Rangers Fans

I've negotiated with HMRC in the past but they have never sent sheriff officers to my door to serve papers. I am dealing with one at the moment where we have communicated by letter, email and phone, but it would take a lot for it to escalate to the sheriff officer stage, and don't buy that HMRC were doing it for "dramatic effect".

I have little doubt it was for "dramatic effect". They know that the doors of Ibrox are closely watched. They could easily have avoided the "drama" and achieved the actual task in question if they had any desire to conduct their business discreetly.

I have little doubt it was for "dramatic effect". They know that the doors of Ibrox are closely watched. They could easily have avoided the "drama" and achieved the actual task in question if they had any desire to conduct their business discreetly.

Any ideas why they would go about it in this way?

As a support far too many , myself included , for years blindly took Murray's word as gospel , well no more this bear , from now on actions will always speak louder than any words , the very fact that bailifs were allowed anywhere near Ibrox , easpecially as they had denied it the previous day , is and was shocking to me.

We were meant to be in dialogue with HMRC ,they just dont send these guys in for a laugh , get real guys there is a massive difference between questioning tax demands and getting these arseholes sent to the club .

This next AGM is going to be very very interesting , Murray was the master of being a slimy bastard ,, Whyte better have answers .

You would think they would know which doors to go to they went to main doors then where sent round to Argyle House well done bhoys and it's not a miss spell.

Maybe they did know what door to go to .

You would think they would know which doors to go to they went to main doors then where sent round to Argyle House well done bhoys and it's not a miss spell.

Why would they know which door to go to? Do you know where the accounting for the club is carried out?

Any ideas why they would go about it in this way?

It'd be interesting to know which HMRC office this is being discussed with. Perhaps there's an HMRC office in Bradford or Bootle that's full of Celtic fans out to get us and do everything for dramatic effect.