Bolton in �£400k bid for Wylde

BOLTON are ready to make a move to prise Gregg Wylde away from Rangers.

SunSport understands that Trotters boss Owen Coyle will offer �£400,000 for the Scotland Under-21 star.

Wylde is in the last year of his Ibrox deal and is desperate to stay on at his boyhood idols.

Yet he's unhappy Gers' best offer is less than half of what fellow starlets Jamie Ness and John Fleck earn.

Furious Ibrox chiefs believe former Celtic star Frank McAvennie has been touting Wylde in England.

Bolton are the second club from down south to register an interest. West Brom are thought to have had a similar offer rejected last week.

Championship side Leeds United are also believed to be monitoring the situation.

Gers are set to warn all three clubs - and McAvennie - that Wylde is not for sale, even though they would only get a compensation payment in the summer if the 20-year-old runs his deal down.

Ironically Celtic could also be entitled to a portion of that sum - after Wylde spent two years in the Hoops youth system.

Wylde broke into the Gers first team at the end of last season but is still on the �£600-a-week deal he signed as an Under-19s player.

He received a five-figure bonus like the rest of the squad when they won the SPL and Co-operative Cup.

Both sides reached a deadlock in talks last March and Wylde was banished back to the youth changing room at the start of this season as the impasse continued.

He was offered an improved figure last week as the Premier League interest grew.

Yet Wylde rejected the cash on offer because it still fell short of what other players his age were on.

He was warned that decision could jeopardise his future first team chances - and was axed from the squad for the friendly with Chelsea.

Yet he's been brought back into the group for today's clash in Inverness after helping Scotland's Under-21s beat Norway 3-0 in midweek.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3750146/Bolton-in-400k-bid-for-Wylde.html#ixzz1UrIAB0GV

Guest Dutchy

Anything less than �£2 million and they can GTF.

The cheek of these sky bank rolled shite wee clubs. It makes me fume the way they expect to get Scottish talent on the cheap.

To be honest I can see why he is angry at not getting offered the same as Fleck and Ness as they are all in about the same position and the same amount of first team games played. I am still not sure he is that good though as I said before in his one really impressive game against PSV he was up against another young player making his d�©but who bottled it. i would certainly try and keep him though as he may improve with first team experience.

The cheek of these sky bank rolled shite wee clubs. It makes me fume the way they expect to get Scottish talent on the cheap.

I agree totally with what you say but we wont even get a tribunal fee seeing as he is moving to another countries league. Plus we should look for a sell on fee. Also if West Brom bid that then Bolton are taking the piss.

He is raw but he would be good for us but others behind the scenes have been arses and turned his head away from us.

Methinks it is not the 850 per week (which rises to 4k if he plays) is the problem, but the 5-years involved. You would not want to play on the same conditions as a "18-year old first team pretender" at the age of 23 (Whittaker, Thomson, Davis, Edu, Lafferty et al are not much older, you know). Hardly anyone knows the details here and as long as he has a contract, we hold all the cards. If we get Bedoya and McKay in, possibly someone else too, we may speak again.

Spot on. We may not be able to compete at the top end of the transfer market as we used to, but at least as we're now vitually debt-free, the least we can do is reject derisory offers. Charlie Adam is not essentially different at �£9m than he was at �£500,00.