Are a new generation of fans simply expecting us to be better than Celtic?

Reason I'm asking this was that I was having a rant on our supporters bus on the way back from the game last night and most of the boys reactions were "Aye but the Tims got beat as well".

Maybe it's because I grew up in the 9IAR era but I'm not in the slightest bit interested in what they do in Europe. Being better than Celtic is the minimum standard we should be aiming for. We should be striving to get into the latter stages of European competitions not worried about that the Mhanky Mob are doing.

If Scottish football is now so bad that we will be getting knocked out of Europe early on a regular basis is this two horse race every season all that we have to look forward too?

Don't think Craig Whyte would agree with you 100% he has took the club over looking for European Revenue the club needs this to fund transfers for players, we haven't made it i think Whyte will be a very unhappy chappy as is the whole of the Rangers support.

Beating Celtic has and always will come first Domestically but we have to look beyond that when it comes to Europe, Ally and the players have let the club down.

Reason I'm asking this was that I was having a rant on our supporters bus on the way back from the game last night and most of the boys reactions were "Aye but the Tims got beat as well".

Maybe it's because I grew up in the 9IAR era but I'm not in the slightest bit interested in what they do in Europe. Being better than Celtic is the minimum standard we should be aiming for. We should be striving to get into the latter stages of European competitions not worried about that the Mhanky Mob are doing.

If Scottish football is now so bad that we will be getting knocked out of Europe early on a regular basis is this two horse race every season all that we have to look forward too?

Couldn't agree more. I go back a lot further than you and I recall when Celtic beat Leeds home and away in the European Cup to reach the 1970 final, that Rangers supporters were genuinely pleased that Scottish football was given such a shot in the arm. It only served to inspire us to reach the Cup Winners Cup final 2 years later. We really have to ditch this parochial and infantile tribalism for good. Do Man U supporters contrive only to be better than Man City or L'pool? I think not.

Don't think Craig Whyte would agree with you 100% he has took the club over looking for European Revenue the club needs this to fund transfers for players, we haven't made it i think Whyte will be a very unhappy chappy as is the whole of the Rangers support.

Beating Celtic has and always will come first Domestically but we have to look beyond that when it comes to Europe, Ally and the players have let the club down.

I agree mate. We have to look to go as far as we can in Europe. That should be the benchmark for every Rangers team. IMO we should be aiming to be in Europe after Christmas every season. Anything other than that is unacceptable.

The oh well their getting humped so it's ok, is very common but am the same as you we are out of Europe by two teams we should have beat with the second team playing not good enough for Rangers, f#*k Celtic it's only them that accept being second not us.

The other point i meant to make European football dangles the carrot to get quality players i feel now were out we may struggle to do this. Malmo and last night is as much as a disaster when Kaunas knocked us out and i dont see Whyte going on a spending spree.

I'm the same. My mate seems to be more interested in how Celtic get on than how we get on. I don't understand it!

Celtic going out last night didn't put a smile on my face. There was nothing to smile about last night!

I grew up in the 9IAR years as well and winning the league was a minimum to enable access to Europe. Now the small minded view is "as long as we do better than them" but to be honest I couldn't give a monkeys about them other than in Old Firm games. I've always had the impression that they are more interested in us than we are in them but lately I think it's pretty 50/50 which is strange because domestically they have always been and will continue to be in our shadow.

No interest in them, wanted us to get to the latter stages of the Europa League, well after Christmas. That hasn't happened and I am extremely disappointed not to even to the group stage, also the Malmo result was a shocker but they were the team I wanted to avoid along with Genk. I had hoped we would get through that tie but the next round would have been a struggle and then be in the Europa League group stages but it never worked like that.

It's only normal to want to be dominant over your main,and only rivals,and to see them fail.However I'm sure the majority of Rangers fans are more concerend with what Rangers do than what the BHEASTS do.As for european football them failing does us as much harm as us failing in the bigger picture. I took no satisfaction in their defeat.