The Rangers Rollercoaster - Do You Enjoy The Ride?

I have been "entertained by the likes of Davie Cooper, Michael Mols, Laudrup, Gascoigne to name a few and never felt one bit of naivety. should i have done? Quite an absurd comment to be honest.

If the only thing that matters is the result then we may all as well stay at home and watch out for the final results on TV on sportscene.

I've been entertained by the news at ten, doesn't mean I should expect to be and it's not really why I watch it.

The Olympics are pretty much sold out and about 80,000 will probably watch the 100m sprint final. Are they looking for a runner to entertain them? Do they think the winner should change his style to be more entertaining? I don't think so.

The straddle is probably more aesthetic than the Fosbury Flop, but what do all the high jumpers do these days?

We could watch all the Olympic results on the news, but somehow, I think millions will watch - even though the participants are far more worried about winning than entertaining.

Should boxers make sure they don't knock someone out in the first round as it spoils the entertainment?

The ironic thing is that the players you mention were not out to entertain and a lot of the time they were frustrating players. They did what they could to win and for some, if they could show-boat now and again, they did. I've been frustrated by most of those players and often not entertained at all, should I have had my money back?

Perhaps you should sit at home and watch DVD's of your favourite players of the past and be entertained? For most people, that's not what sport is about - they want to see what is happening now and how it pans out. Last week's game is history.

I think you're incredibly naive to think a sporting occasion is about entertaining the crowd - especially when you consider there can be only one winner, that leaves a lot of people unhappy about the result. Should you only pay if your team or man wins?

You will normally only see entertainment in football if it is conducive to winning - the main problem is that doing something "entertaining" usually has a high element of risk.

As soon as we start thinking about playing "nice" football, we are lost as a successful club.

Arsenal are a prime example of this.

They are a team capable of playing some excellent football, yet what have they one recently - nothing!!!

Would everyone on here be happy if Rangers played brilliant football, yet finished 3rd or 4th in the league??? Folk are complaining NOW, and we're sitting top!!! They complained a few years back while we were in the Euro Cup final!!!

Sport is a RESULTS driven industry.....win the games, then worry about how you do it later...

I hope it is maintained well allowing us to enjoy the ride rather than be shivering wrecks from March til the end of the season.

I've enjoyed the last three titles more than any other I think,you say shivering wrecks but I'd call it ecxitement and nerves. I'm not the shivering wreck type of guy,while we all want to win every game and every title it doesn't happen that way as we all know.I'll stick by what I said,we have a more than capable squad of retaining our title and believe we will.

Agree strange remark from Cal, i wonder if the Barcelona fans think that way.

I'm sure they are fine as long as they win. I don't think they will have enjoyed the Rangers games - until Henry put the ball in the net with his arms. Was that the beautiful game? Should we be coaching that? That was the real definition of "anti-football" - and they were happy about it. Should we be coaching kids to score with their arms to entertain the crowd?

I'll say again, Barcelona don't try to play "nice" football. They just have excellent players who do things so well, the game is more aesthetic to watch. I'm sure there are still many boring games in Spain.

The best teams in the world used to be Italian, but boy was that boring a lot of the time.

The stupid thing about the whole argument is that Rangers play some decent football quite often when I watch - and I find it a million times more interesting than Barcelona games no matter how nicely they play (unless we're playing them). I used to have Setanta which showed live Rangers games and live Spanish games including Barcelona. Guess which games I watched... I watch because I find it interesting, not because I want to be entertained. The interest in the game and how Rangers are doing is all the entertainment I need.

The biggest criticism seems to be when our players don't display the skill the fans would like - however that's a fact of life when you can only afford a lower level of player. The players are still a notch above the opposition in Scotland but you're still not going to see the skills of Xavi or Messi or Ronaldo any time soon. That's just a fact of life that people need to wake up to.

If that's really so important to people to see the kind of stuff played by the top players in the game, then it's best they to switch from Rangers to Barcelona or Man U. Rangers are not going to play like them any time soon.

I don't think there is a team in Scotland as good to watch as Rangers right now so I don't know why you're comparing with Barcelona - who have not historically always been a great side. If any side can match them for ability to win, flair and entertainment on OUR budget then show me them - and show Craig Whyte.

I've watched Div One play offs at MK Dons with the best in that league and been bored to tears, and not for the first time seen Tore Andre Flo as a complete waste of space.

If there is a team in England who are comparable to what you are talking about, on our budget then they will already be promoted to the Prem and their budget will be out of our league.

But even most teams on an EPL budget would not rise to the expectations of our fans.

So your comparison with Barcelona is at best, mischief making, and at worst, mere mindless havering.