Rangers reject �£6.5 million offer for Jelavic

Seriously though, I know you think the same as me that Jelavic could very well be off.

I said on Sunday - as did many others - that his body language implied he didn't want to be here anymore.

He came for Champions League football - he was honest when he joined and stated that he was using us as a stepping stone to the Premiership.

We couldn't give him CL football

If he was that desperate for CL football he should have helped us put Malmo to the sword. He had numerous chances.

of course we could improve the squad, could we improve it within 24 hours though then I seriously doubt it.

thats what i kind of said in the previous sentence, as long as we had replacements in mind/place if we sold him now.

We could always sign Miller...... or Maloney :thup:

To be honest, at 8 million I think it would be good business. Jelavic is worth 4 mill (what we paid) but I dont think he is worth double that. On last season's form perhaps, on this season's ? Definitely not.

Though they do say that form is temporary whilst class is permanent.

Our issue is replacing him. Maybe we could get Balotelli on loan ? How about Lukaku ? Chelsea were prepared to let him go to Stoke until they found out it broke EPL rules.

Why is it that team's always seem to make moves for our players in the last 36 hours giving us no time to make suitable replacements. Basturts.

To be honest, at 8 million I think it would be good business. Jelavic is worth 4 mill (what we paid) but I dont think he is worth double that. On last season's form perhaps, on this season's ? Definitely not.

I think he's been carrying that knee injury that he had to get scanned etc. That could easily be why he's been off the pace and off form.

Possibly Zappa. But he certainly doesnt look like an 8 million player this season so far.

That said, maybe we actually inadvertently down play some of the talents and values of our players. I mean, if Ki is worth 10 million (copyright Lennon & Thomson) then Jelavic is worth more than that, as is Davis.

And there are some other players being sold down south for exorbitant amounts of money - Oxlade-Chamberlain went to Arsenal for 12 million. Sure, young and potential - but Jelavic has proven himself and is only 25.

�£8m+ i'd take that for him, as long as we had replacements in mind and don't panic buy just anyone. Surely we can improve the team with that kind of dosh.

Any replacement we have lined up for Jelavic or any of our other high earners won't be brought in until January. There's no time to start negotiating because our negotiations usually last about 10 days and even then they normally end badly.