Rangers reject �£6.5 million offer for Jelavic

Looks like the BBC is at it again ...

Know your enemies.

Presently, they're not the main issue. But good to keep challenging them.

At some time I'd like to wipe the floor with BBCeltic, and I would hope that we will.

No, we will.

Give it time.

SVEN GORAN ERIKSSON will make a sensational �£8MILLION swoop for Nikica Jelavic today.

The Leicester City gaffer saw a Ã?£6.5m bid turned down by Rangers yesterday — but he's refusing to take no for an answer.

And Eriksson will test Gers' resolve with a bank-busting move to land the Croat hitman before the transfer window shut.

SunSport understands the big-spending Leicester boss has told club owners he needs Jelavic to bolster Foxes' push for promotion.

There is Premier League interest from down south — but with clubs believed to be unwilling to go beyond Ã?£7m.

The �£8m fee Leicester are preparing could be difficult for Ibrox owner Craig Whyte to resist. It's DOUBLE the amount they splashed out to sign him at the start of last season.

It's believed Jelavic, 26, is NOT against the proposed move. He hoped to play a part in Gers' domestic and European challenge this season.

But after Ally McCoist's side crashed out of the Europa League the striker has lost interest in the SPL. His departure would be a massive blow to McCoist's title chances.

Despite suffering a bad ankle injury last season he still hit 19 goals.

It promises to be a dramatic final day before the transfer window shut at midnight. McCoist is still hopeful of adding players to his squad.

But the club didn't make any offers yesterday, with their interest in Theofanis Gekas cooling — as they looked more likely to move players on.

James Beattie looks to be on his way out with several English clubs set to pounce.

Youngster Kyle Hutton is also hoping to land a loan move out of Ibrox for the season.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/3784792/Eriksson-tees-up-second-Jela-bid.html#ixzz1WYYWducE

If Jelavic "has lost interest in the SPL" then, IMO, we should sell him for the 8 million. I know that it is tough to let your best striker leave, especially in the last day of the window but if he cant be bothered with the SPL then how do we know we will see decent performances from him ? In fact, his performances this season would actually give credence to the Sun's report.

And, to be fair, would you rather play against St Mirren, Dunfermline et al 3 or 4 times a year or play in an exciting league such as the Champsionship ? From a footballing perspective I would think the Championship has more allure, much as though it pains me to say it. Then you have to factor in that he likely will double his salary. Two pros to the Championship and none to the SPL.

What we DO offer that Leicester dont is challenging for domestic honours. That would be negated by him challenging for promotion with Leicester and, quite possibly, playing for Sven (one would imagine that people still are excited by that prospect).

I am hoping that the Sun has gotten this all wrong, but Jelavic's performances along with his recent body language, would suggest that they may actually be correct.

Question : If we were offered 8 million a couple of weeks ago (lets just assume we were already out of Europe by then) would we have been happy enough to sell him for 8 million, knowing we would have enough time to replace him ?

The one thing that disappoints most is that if we do sell him then we outwardly appear to be a selling team again. After refusing to listen to McGregor offers we seemed to have turned that corner and wanted to build around our best players. jelavic is still one of those IF he performs as he can.

But 8 million, if re-invested in the playing personnel, would quite possibly provide us with TWO decent strikers - but we dont really have the time to do so in this window.

Arrrgghhhhhhhhh

If this offer came 2-3 weeks ago giving us time to replace him then Id take around 9 million for him. But if we sell him today and dont get a replacement then Id go as far as saying as its giving the title away. I think Jelavic is a professional despite his body language (I think thats his style of play TBH) and if he is here come Thursday morning he will still give his all and score 15 goals by Christmas.

He is under contract, we pay his wages therefore unless someone comes back with a silly bid then he should stay.

And Leciester wont be going up this season anyway, Ive been watching the Championship for few years and quite a few games this season, they were played off the park by Reading.

I really don't see how the club could possibly knock back an �£8m offer now that we're out of Europe. Doubling our money for the guy in a year is very good business. One thing might stop his sale though: If an �£8m offer is installment based and Whyte doesn't have any money to replace Jelavic immediately, then selling him might not be possible because selling him and not replacing him would cause some serious trouble. ST holders would go mental.

Would they though Zappa ? We have seen others sold before where we thought that the fans would go mental - but you just see a bubble under the surface. Miller left when he was our major goalscorer - some werent happy, but do we really think that it had an impact at Board level ? I know it was a different board and they were largely aloof from the fans - but would the fans actually go mental ?

Genuine question, because I am not as convinced as some that the fans would go crazy.

Aye, Miller left mate, but the club brought in an exciting talent in Weiss, a well known African player in Diouf (with a history of spitting on Celtic a fan or two) and David Healy, a NI striker who many Rangers fans had wanted the club to sign for years.

Was forgetting Weiss was here before Miller left, so it was Bartley, Diouf and Healy who were brought in. There's also the fact that deep down there were still fans who didn't want Miller at Ibrox anyway... ;)