Rangers reject �£6.5 million offer for Jelavic

Why is it that team's always seem to make moves for our players in the last 36 hours giving us no time to make suitable replacements. Basturts.

The usual way of football panic, especially when you can't get new players. Although Championship clubs get to use the short term loan market mid season iirc. We have done it too many times and I don't want us doing it again if we lose Jelavic. I would like us to get a striker in.

Any replacement we have lined up for Jelavic or any of our other high earners won't be brought in until January. There's no time to start negotiating because our negotiations usually last about 10 days and even then they normally end badly.

we have signed players late on in the past gazza, i'm sure we could do it again, IF we sold jelavic we would HAVE to bring someone in.

Seriously though, I know you think the same as me that Jelavic could very well be off.

I said on Sunday - as did many others - that his body language implied he didn't want to be here anymore.

He came for Champions League football - he was honest when he joined and stated that he was using us as a stepping stone to the Premiership.

We couldn't give him CL football and even if he does go the the English Championship, it's a much better and more competitive league than ours.

In saying that - once you leave The Rangers, it's usually downhill all the way :)

In all honesty, if he was so desparate for CL football, he could have buried a few clear cut chances that he had.

we have signed players late on in the past gazza, i'm sure we could do it again, IF we sold jelavic we would HAVE to bring someone in.

Possibly but it wouldn't be someone in the same mould as Jelavic or age for that matter. It's more likely to be a Maniero or Jeffers or Beattie type signing. :(

Possibly but it wouldn't be someone in the same mould as Jelavic or age for that matter. It's more likely to be a Maniero or Jeffers or Beattie type signing. :(

or maybe a younger player with potential, you never know............

I asked on the transfer thread. Anyone know the deadline for loans? Is it the same - tomoorow night?

Yep. Any player still under contract with another club will have to be registered before midnight. We can sign out of contract players any time though...

Looks like the BBC is at it again ...

Jelavic has scored three goals in seven appearances this season but was among the culprits who missed goalscoring chances as Rangers were knocked out by Maribor in last week's Europa League play-off.

However, he remains Rangers' main marksman and, should Leicester increase their offer, it would test the resolve of new owner Craig Whyte to retain his top players.

Rangers remain heavily in debt and face a season without the financial rewards from either the Champions League, having earlier been defeated by Malmo, or the Europa League.