Is there a link between Jig and poor results or is it coincidence?

Lee McCulloch starts for Rangers, 2nd April 2011 (2/4/11) to 21st September 2011 (21/9/11).

Without Lee McCulloch

Played: 17

W/D/L: 14/2/1

Points Earned: 44

Points Dropped: 7

Win Percentage: 82%

With Lee McCulloch

Played: 6

W/D/L: 1/2/3

Points Earned: 5

Points Dropped: 13

Win Percentage: 16%

Collaborated by someone else.

He slows us down.

The vital point about the second half on Sunday was the pace we moved the ball.

The point about last night was the pace we didn't move the ball.

That is where I would blame Ally, you could see after 10 minutes what was happening, he should have been on the touchline shouting.

Lee McCulloch starts for Rangers, 2nd April 2011 (2/4/11) to 21st September 2011 (21/9/11).

Without Lee McCulloch

Played: 17

W/D/L: 14/2/1

Points Earned: 44

Points Dropped: 7

Win Percentage: 82%

With Lee McCulloch

Played: 6

W/D/L: 1/2/3

Points Earned: 5

Points Dropped: 13

Win Percentage: 16%

Collaborated by someone else.

I don't suppose this guy has worked it out over the full number of games since we signed him? Would be interesting! It would only be fair to do the same for all the other players who are still here since we signed Jig for comparisson's sake, but it wouldn't paint an accurate picture because a good number of players who helped us win & lose games over that period are now gone and other players have come in.

I find myself questioning the point of slagging-off or picking on Jig when he's played so many games that led us to winning silverware over the past few seasons and I think that's something that should be taken into account, but I'm also trying to get my head around how much of that success is down to better play by others and goals scored by others. At the end of the day the guy has contributed some good performances over the piece and chipped in with the occasional goal, but nobody will convince me that he should still be here playing for us now, never mind till 2013.

I don't think it's purely coincidental the link between McCulloch's inclusion and results. Davis always seems to play poorer when played alongside McCulloch, and when both McCulloch and Edu play then Davis gets punted out to the right wing where he is virtually wasted.

I think McCulloch may have set the world record for sideways passes last night including a couple of his trademarked from one side of the pitch to a non existent team mate on the other side of the pitch aka out for a throw in to the opposition.

The simple fact is he is well past his sell by date yet will continue to pick up a handsome wage for a couple more years much to the detriment of the team.

Thought the first half of last season he was great and really wondered if we could manage when he needed knee surgery. But we did and since then he's never got back to anything like the form he is capable of I think he's done but I don't pick the team and we will see more of him this season mores the pity.