Statement from The Blue Order and Union Bears

Seems to me that the BO need a designated video man who records everything, just in case. Every slight or major infringement by security needs to be reported to the police and Rangers along with the evidence and witness statements.

Agreed,however I would hazzard a guess that if you had a video camera in the face of a police officer they would tell you to stop filming???,maybe not.

On September 27th 2011, The Union Bears and The Blue Order held a protest at Ibrox Stadium in the opening ten minutes of the match against against Kilmarnock. The protest consisted of anti-SNP chanting and the unfurling of 3 banners namely;

"Undefinable Laws Against Supporters"

"SNP Weak On Criminals - Tough on Fans"

"Football Fans Not Criminals"

The protest was not challenged by the police and passed peacefully, with other sections of the Rangers support showing unity with the message of the protest.

For clarity, there are several reasons why we feel we must make a stand upon this issue. We are protesting against the implementation on the 'Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening Communications (Scotland) Bill' as proposed by the current SNP government. This bill discriminates against football fans, singling out a demographic of the population for specific laws. The implementation of the bill means that almost any football supporter, whether you be vocal in support of your team or not, could be subject to arrest, without significant police evidence of any actual offence caused.

The criminalisation of football supporters threatens the game which we all love. Supporters attending a football match will now be met with fear of arrest, losing your job and being named in newspapers despite having not had your court case heard.

The Union Bears and The Blue Order would like to make it clear we are against Sectarianism and Racism in all forms. We feel current legislation covers offences of these matters and further legislation is not necessary nor required. We feel this action is being used for political gain, and being supported by police officers in order to preserve their level of responsibility and therefore preserve their level of funding in what is economically challenging times.

We have all seen that our supporters are subject to unnecessary harassment from police officers and we have and will continue to work with the Rangers Supporters working group on resolving these matters.

In a completely separate incident tonight, around 100 supporters in the BF1 section walked out in protest at the heavy handed stewarding and policing which took place within the section at the match. The groups have issued a complaint to the police and the club and this will be dealt with in due course. We would like to thank the rest of the Rangers support for the support shown towards the group regarding this matter.

Astonishingly the whole reason for the stewards getting involved was due to a young supporter in the section having a water bottle in the ground. One which he had cleared with another steward before entering and was told it wouldn't be a problem.

Among the incidents was also the situation where mounted Police outside the stadium charged at young supporters including one who was visibly walking with aid of crutches. He was told by the mounted officers to run.

We will be taking further protest action in forthcoming matches, and would urge you all to stand with us as we fight the injustice against the supporters of Rangers Football Club. We will issue another statement prior to the game on Saturday, which will detail how we wish to have your support.

Supporting Your Team Is not a Crime.

No Surrender

The Union Bears and The Blue Order

Where is this statement?

That's the way to make a point well done guys. Funny how when the guys all got up in the second half to sing we got the can all spectators please sit down message on the scoreboard.

Also so nice to see F#*k the SNP getting sung around the stadium.

I have to say,when we were sitting during the protest it really hit home how quiet Ibrox is and how I now could not sit anywhere else in Ibrox other than in the singing section.I remember when we decided to move from the Copland road stand to join TBO and I must admit I was very apprehensive about the move,but as I said,now I wouldn't sit anywhere else as the atmosphere in that section is superb.I never knew anything about the protest until I was in my seat and I wasn't sure if what was planned was right,the plan was to sit down and shut up until the 54th minute,then stand up and sing,if any fan was removed then we were all going to walk out.Now I didn't like that idea at first as I wanted to support the team as always but I must admit I was ready to walk when we sat still until the 54th minute,and then I really thought if fans were removed from the stadium and I walked I would seriously think about giving up my season ticket. A bit meladramatic but I did think this was going to be the end for me attending Ibrox,if we can't go there and sing and enjoy ourselves then what is the point?. I also don't think this is finished,I hope it is,but if this keeps going the way it is then I will give up my season ticket

I bet that the people behind all the attacks on Rangers and the insanity of these new laws, policing etc would absolutely love fans to start giving up their season tickets Ian, but it's a big f*ck you to them if you don't surrender.

I bet that the people behind all the attacks on Rangers and the insanity of these new laws, policing etc would absolutely love fans to start giving up their season tickets Ian, but it's a big f*ck you to them if you don't surrender.

Aye I know mate,just being honest with the way I felt today. I've never experienced anything like this before,it seems like this has only started this seaon with the joining up with the UB.The atmosphere in there is quite intense this season and it does look like we are being targeted by the stewards/police!!,I could be wrong but it is totaly different from previous seasons??.

Aye I know mate,just being honest with the way I felt today. I've never experienced anything like this before,it seems like this has only started this seaon with the joining up with the UB.The atmosphere in there is quite intense this season and it does look like we are being targeted by the stewards/police!!,I could be wrong but it is totaly different from previous seasons??.

It must have been really strange, that's for sure, but it got a message out there to the masses. Maybe the mainstream media will ignore it, but I doubt it because they generally publish stories about anything that's controversial at football matches. I think the simple fact that it was a protest at a game at Ibrox will make it newsworthy to the editors in charge of the football section at various media companies, but I also wouldn't be too surprised if it's swept under the carpet and hardly even mentioned because it was a protest against the government and it's the government who control the media.

Ian, regarding the new section, I haven't been in it yet, but even without being in it for a game I've got reservations about it. I think the protest today might have been organised by UB and I think it was totally worthwhile, but I'd like to know exactly who came up with the idea of merging the two groups into BF1. It's not the best place in the stadium for the 'singing section' and I'm not convinced that the two groups are entirely on the same page. The big question for me is who came up with the idea of merging the two groups and moving them to BF1.

Ian, regarding the new section, I haven't been in it yet, but even without being in it for a game I've got reservations about it. I think the protest today might have been organised by UB and I think it was totally worthwhile, but I'd like to know exactly who came up with the idea of merging the two groups into BF1. It's not the best place in the stadium for the 'singing section' and I'm not convinced that the two groups are entirely on the same page. The big question for me is who came up with the idea of merging the two groups and moving them to BF1.

No idea mate,you'll need to ask Frankie!!. I don't like where I sit,I preffered sitting close to the away fans.I was a bit against the '' fuck the SNP '' shit at first because I thought it was too political and I don't think politics should have anything to do with football,but then realised why they were singing it. I guess I just prefer where I have been sitting in BF5 with TBO. It is a bit more intense now where as before it was more fun.................maybe that's just old age:)