Statement from The Blue Order and Union Bears

No Surrender at the bottom of the statement has got F#*k all to do with I'll do what I want and to hell with you, you've been reading too many red top papers you obviously think NS is sectarian. Imo NS today means we've had enough, we are being told what to do when to do it and oh by the way do it quietly. The add ons have gone we lost the Billy Boys one of the great football songs because we were too scared to stand up and say only one word is wrong we will change it. Rangers fans are the only fans in the whole of Scottish football who have actively changed their songbook and for the better we have some great new songs, are rest following suit are they hell week after week we hear the same old crap coming from the opposition fans is anything done no where are the cameras pointed at us all sitting waiting for one daft young lad to shout out FTP.

That for me is why NS should always be shouted until the rest of Scotland starts listening to the real victims in this mess good honest Rangers fans.

I think you are missing calscot's point Allan.

He is saying that the statement made after the incident on Tuesday night highlights that the groups were making a protest against the over-jealous political process on the new bill. You then said No Surrender, I will do what I want. If other people reading that statement and think that the fans groups have the same "I will do what I want" attitude as you brought to this debate then all they will see Rangers fans as is anarchists. And maybe some are anarchists, but that will do nothing in changing the minds of politicians.

It is nothing to do with thinking No Surrender is sectarian - and I would be shocked if calscot even thought that.

It is about the image you portray in your statement.

If UB were making a statement to just Rangers fans then No Surrender s fine. If the statement is being made to a wider audience then whilst it is neither sectarian nor illegal, it loses some of the power in the statement.

What I am saying is that if this is going to a wider, more general, not just Rangers audience then if you read the article most sensible people would think "very well put together article, professionally written". As soon as some of those people see "No Surrender" they will think "ahhhh, the typical ramblings of a bunch of ned Rangers fans".

As you say, we are treated like pariahs by everyone except ourselves. So when people read that and see No Surrender they will almost immediately ignore the content of the article, the serious nature of over-zealous stewarding and policing, and think that the "ned Rangers fans" deserved it.

Sometimes you just make a statement and leave it at that. That would have been my preference. The No Surrender signature adds nothing to the article IMO.

No Surrender at the bottom of the statement has got F#*k all to do with I'll do what I want and to hell with you, you've been reading too many red top papers you obviously think NS is sectarian.

What I said was F#*k all to do with "No Surrender". It was paraphrasing from your previous post.

I don't think NS is sectarian in the slightest, but to me THE biggest problem against turning the tide is the "I'll do what I want and to hell with you" attitude.

Ok buddy I'll spell it out for you because obviously you can't read, where did I say I will say what I want and to hell with you, what I said was I'm fed up being told everything that I say is wrong by everyone including my so called fellow fans who will let us be bullied to the point where we are sitting in Ibrox not saying a word. What I'm saying and a lot of the fans I speak to, is enough is enough it's time to draw a line in the sand and say no more. I'll repeat the point I made early which you seem to have ignored no set of fans has did more to clean up it's act than us yet still we are getting beat about the head everyday from every section of society even after all the effort we have made.

I've warned before there is an anger building in the Rangers support I talk to that is going to erupt, instead of being chiidish about two words in a great statement why not commend the BO / UB for not making more of what was a bad situation not of their own doing or is that to much to ask for with today's fellow fans.

Edited by GovanAllan

Here's what you said:

Right where does that say I will say what I like, it say I'm had enough of being told what I can't say and enough is enough I don't once say let's go back to the way it was, you have just decided what kind of person you think I am by a few words well done you give yourself a pat on the back.

So going by your train of thought and the way No Surrender upsets you so much you approve of the No Surrender ban on all Rangers flags scarves and banners in the ground what next no Union flags either.

Will you actually answer one of my points or are you to busy picking holes in the wording of a sentence and passing judgement on me, must be great to be so perfect.

from the guy who got lifted for having a bottle of water:

Hi everyone,

****** has kindly let me post on this, I'm actually the boy who had the water bottle. I had came straight from work still in my shirt, tie and had the water in my bag, My bag was emptied at the turnstiles where the police allowed me to continue into the ground with the water in my bag, The policeman watched over by a steward emptied my bag and said everything that was in it was OK to go in with. At half time i took a drink of the water and 10 or so mins later the stewards and police made there way into the rows throwing there weight around telling me to "get the feck over here" i then tried to make my way to the stewards but as i done this members of the UB started to pull me away as they saw i was about to be arrested! The steward then started pushing people over and even man handled a female sitting in front of me, as this happened i ended up 4 rows up! when i was caught and took to the room the steward was violent and aggressive towards me and a fellow fan claiming we were insulting his intelligence and we should speak when asked to speak, The policeman who took my details was the policeman who searched my bag. My season card was confiscated and i was told i would find out in the next 3 days whats happening, Yesterday whilst i was at work Head of security at Ibrox informed my mum that i would not be getting my season ticket back and i would face a ban under the account of the following " bringing a bottle of water into the ground which led to a breach which could causee a disaster and for then resisting arrest whilst making dirogitry comments about the government and the police" My mum said to him that i was approved entry with the bottle and asked to view the CCTV and the head of security then replied that CCTV would not be available and there will be no further action if i accept my punishment and serve my ban and if i wish to appeal CCTV will not be used as evidence for some reason i do not know? and that I will be charged by the club for breaking the rule of bringing in controlled containers and causing a breach/disturbance/upset whiten the crowed and for also resisting arrest.

Just wanted you guys to know the real story!

from the guy who got lifted for having a bottle of water:

Hi everyone,

****** has kindly let me post on this, I'm actually the boy who had the water bottle. I had came straight from work still in my shirt, tie and had the water in my bag, My bag was emptied at the turnstiles where the police allowed me to continue into the ground with the water in my bag, The policeman watched over by a steward emptied my bag and said everything that was in it was OK to go in with. At half time i took a drink of the water and 10 or so mins later the stewards and police made there way into the rows throwing there weight around telling me to "get the feck over here" i then tried to make my way to the stewards but as i done this members of the UB started to pull me away as they saw i was about to be arrested! The steward then started pushing people over and even man handled a female sitting in front of me, as this happened i ended up 4 rows up! when i was caught and took to the room the steward was violent and aggressive towards me and a fellow fan claiming we were insulting his intelligence and we should speak when asked to speak, The policeman who took my details was the policeman who searched my bag. My season card was confiscated and i was told i would find out in the next 3 days whats happening, Yesterday whilst i was at work Head of security at Ibrox informed my mum that i would not be getting my season ticket back and i would face a ban under the account of the following " bringing a bottle of water into the ground which led to a breach which could causee a disaster and for then resisting arrest whilst making dirogitry comments about the government and the police" My mum said to him that i was approved entry with the bottle and asked to view the CCTV and the head of security then replied that CCTV would not be available and there will be no further action if i accept my punishment and serve my ban and if i wish to appeal CCTV will not be used as evidence for some reason i do not know? and that I will be charged by the club for breaking the rule of bringing in controlled containers and causing a breach/disturbance/upset whiten the crowed and for also resisting arrest.

Just wanted you guys to know the real story!

How silly can you be? If that's the case then the UB who pulled him away from the police could be arrested for the common law crime of obstruction. Silly thing to do!

How silly can you be? If that's the case then the UB who pulled him away from the police could be arrested for the common law crime of obstruction. Silly thing to do!

Would the lad have a defence for not resisting arrest ? If he was being pulled away whilst actually trying to do as he was told. The pressure and force of a mass of people could easily carry him from where he is truly headed. No ?

Asides though, no steward OR policeman will get the respect that their position would normally command by shouting "get the fuck over here". I thought that police were supposed to be able to diffuse situations. This, again IF true, would do nothing but escalate it. Stupidity.