Statement from The Blue Order and Union Bears

Ok I'll bite so sitting back and taking it up the arse is being mature being told that everything you ever believed in is sectarian and I mean everything not just a couple of stupid words your very being and who you are. I don't know if you make much human contact in your day to day life but I do, I work with kids and I don't know how many mums have dropped of there kids since all this crap started and apologised because they something on to do with Rangers, hoping they don't offend another mum or kid this is the world I live in and to all those people who made it like this I say NO SURRENDER because I've had enough. If that makes me not seem mature to you then it's not me who has a problem it's you.

No surrender to what ?

You give us an instance of what you see when dealing with kids. But No Surrender to what ?

And what are you doing to defend your rights as an individual ? Are you just saying No Surrender or are you taking it up with those who actually matter - because, at the end of the day, Gersnet have no influence on the authorities and they are the ones who are going to take away your rights.

I dont disagree with you that we are being made out as lepers. However, that still doesnt take away from the addendum of "No Surrender" to that statement makes it look less professional and possibly less people will pay attention to it.

There are times and places to have the No Surrender attitude, I personally am not convinced that this statement was that time.

Anyway, the statement itself, aside from the addendum, was professional in my opinion and read well.

An individual in today's Scotland can do nothing to defend his/her rights I've spoken to my msp you would have thought I had two heads, you even mention being against the new bill you are a bigot in her eyes, she got in on a protest vote anyway there's democracy for you.

Having to defend my kids when playing football in the park from other people calling them bigots because their wearing there Rangers top will do to start with on the No Surrender front.

As for when is the right time for No Surrender, I personally am convinced it was exactly the right time, straight after once again Rangers fans are treated differently from the rest of Scottish football.

But then if you think your right Craig then that's that so I'm finished on the subject.

Edited by GovanAllan

An individual in today's Scotland can do nothing to defend his/her rights I've spoken to my msp you would have thought I had two heads, you even mention being against the new bill you are a bigot in her eyes, she got in on a protest vote anyway there's democracy for you.

Having to defend my kids when playing football in the park from other people calling them bigots because their wearing there Rangers top will do to start with on the No Surrender front.

As for when is the right time for No Surrender, I personally am convinced it was exactly the right time, straight after once again Rangers fans are treated differently from the rest of Scottish football.

But then if you think your right Craig then that's that so I'm finished on the subject.

I dont think I am right Allan. What makes you say that ? Because someone else suggested the same thing this morning ?

I am genuinely asking questions because, simply, I am not in Scotland to know what is going on these days. I have a genuine interest because I am not living back home.

I may have to move home shortly and the post that I have replied to above makes me cringe. Not your post but the experiences you (or more specifically your kids) are suffering makes me shake my head in disbelief.

I left 11 years ago (I do come home on holiday but it is somewhat infrequent and I only go to games and never wear colours outside of that venue) and there was none of this. It saddens me if your experiences are the norm rather than the exception.

My 6 yr old is a HUGE Gers fan and he wears his Gers tops, outside of school, ALL THE TIME. I would be appalled if he were to be branded a bigot for simply wearing the colours of his team. That is a horrible thought.

Sorry mate if I was a little short with you. Well first thing stay where you are because Scotland is circling the plughole got a mate in Texas whose a huge rangers fan he got the chance to come home recently for a lot more money laughed at his boss and said don't be so stupid am staying put.

I live in what you would call a small village and wasn't expecting much bother but my kids have been asked why they hate Catholics and called orange scum by folk who should know better, now I grew up knowing a tim from a prod but have kept my kids away from all that, the big two still don't get it and they go to Ibrox.

Salmonds Scotland is split imo and it's only going to get worst over the next 5 years as he try's to drag us all to independence god forbide, if this fiasco has showed us anything the people in charge are not fit for the job, for me we are being used by the SNP to show look British bad, true Scottish good which is rubbish you won't find a prouder scot than me but I'm a die hard unionist it my have it's faults but it's still the greatest thing the people of the british isle's have achieved to keep them together.

Sorry mate if I was a little short with you. Well first thing stay where you are because Scotland is circling the plughole got a mate in Texas whose a huge rangers fan he got the chance to come home recently for a lot more money laughed at his boss and said don't be so stupid am staying put.

I live in what you would call a small village and wasn't expecting much bother but my kids have been asked why they hate Catholics and called orange scum by folk who should know better, now I grew up knowing a tim from a prod but have kept my kids away from all that, the big two still don't get it and they go to Ibrox.

Salmonds Scotland is split imo and it's only going to get worst over the next 5 years as he try's to drag us all to independence god forbide, if this fiasco has showed us anything the people in charge are not fit for the job, for me we are being used by the SNP to show look British bad, true Scottish good which is rubbish you won't find a prouder scot than me but I'm a die hard unionist it my have it's faults but it's still the greatest thing the people of the british isle's have achieved to keep them together.

Nah, I have a thick skin (some would say fat, I prefer thick...) so no need to apologise.

Believe me, if it were an option my first preference would not to come home. Unfortunately it looks like I may lose my job to a Bermudian (they protect their own, rightly so.... still hopeful but not guaranteed !).

What age are your kids if you dont mind me asking ? That, to me, is appalling behaviour from adults, regardless of whether they are educated or not. Your "small village" - Strathaven ?? I used to drive through Strathaven every weekend either going to, or coming back from, Uni. Seemed like a nice wee place !

It saddens me these type of experiences, no kid (neither Celtic NOR Rangers supporting) should have to be subjected to that. Unbelievable.

I havent kept myself up on Scottish politics but this new offensive behaviour bill, if a sign of the government we have in Scotland, suggests they arent up for the job - they seem to be attempting to rush through legislation without really giving its due thought process.

Edited by craig

Two set of twins Craig, 12 and 6 the big two have lots of mates who are Celtic fans they get the big groan from me when they invade the house with the hoops on and a bit of banter before they empty the fridge. But Strahaven like everywhere these days has a lot of muppets running around. Along with the bigots you have the worry of the big two out with there mates a scuffle isn't a scuffle anymore it ends up with a stabbing.

Had the chance to leave the country 10 years ago but foolishly thought I wanted my kids to grow up Scottish and wanted the next ones born in Scotland god I wish I went now.

As I was saying about my MSP the local council (labour) want to build a toxic waste incinerator just along the road at Stonehouse on greenbelt land, big protest but still got the go ahead rumour has it money changed hands, anyway along comes the elections we only have two people to vote for because the Lib dems didn't get there name in the hat on time and the Tories gave it up as a bad idea leaves Labour the guy with the seat and SNP they could have put a monkey on the ticket everybody voted SNP as a two fingers up to Labour, welcome to Scottish politics.

IMHO, there is a time & a place to sign off a document with the likes of "no surrender".

By adding that tag line to a well constructed, informative and unbiased FORMAL statement representing 2 supporter groups, is most definitely the wrong time to do it - it cheapens the whole statement and makes the supporter groups look like 2-bit organisations.

If it were an informal, memo then fair enough, but not a formal, public statement.