Is Templeton not a million times more deserving than Forest. Is he only in there to ensure a Celtic presence?

Possible,however I can't comment on either as the only time I see them is when they are playing against the,3IAR, champions. And going on that basis Wylde should be in before the two of them,him being a champion and all that:smile:

Edited by ian1964

Feel like Gav in that I dont have much motivation for these games. But only because the two horrible penalty decisions ultimately denied us three points and any real prospect of getting into the play offs.

Just like last time with the Italy loyal ref.

Which is the reason I only really attend glamour internationals like Scotland v Argentina, Scotland v Brazil.

Guest Dutchy

Even if we did get into second postion, what's the chances that we'll have enough points to qualify as one of the top 8 teams, out of 9 groups, to be in the play offs?

Even if we did get into second postion, what's the chances that we'll have enough points to qualify as one of the top 8 teams, out of 9 groups, to be in the play offs?

Opposite to the world cup, best placed 2nd team in the group gets to qualify rather than playoff (Sweden currently) and then the other 8 playoff. In the world cup the worst points scoring side in 2nd place were discarded which was Norway iirc and the other 8 playoff. There were 13 European places for the world cup and there is 14 places for the Euro's.

Guest Dutchy

Well, even if I've got that the wrong way round, I'm not confident that we'll qualify for the play-offs. We're depending too much on others results, which may work out, but it's a shite position to be in and Levein dosen't fill me with confidence. Spain will whack us, but I'm more worried about Lichty to be honest.

I've gone off Levein tbh he was a baw hair away from utter humiliation against Liechtenstein, plus the fact he ultimate bias of Dundee Utd players when players are in better form in a better league, see Ross McCormack.

Forgot about the abysmal formation of 4-6-0 against the Czech's.

We have had a little bad luck with a crap ref against the Czech's.

Edited by metlika

Guest Dutchy

I'm thinking also that Levein is screwing it up, to point where he won't get in touch with Flectcher at Wolves to make it up.

It probably suits him to give his DU bias more rational ground to lay on.

Some are forgetting that in the last game against the Czechs, Scotland were the better team and were ultimately very unlucky and hard down by not to win - and Levein might not be brilliant but he has got his act together somewhat.

So if we don't rate our own chances against Spain, what reason is there to rate the Czechs? No matter our woes, with the way we've been playing lately I can't see anything other than 3pts from the Lichtenstein game. I really don't know where the Negative Nancy stuff is coming from.

I think some people need to show a bit more backbone when following their country rather than meekly capitulating before a ball is even kicked.

You make fair points cal, but even if we make it into the play-offs, we'll be one of the worst teams in them. Of course that doesn't mean we can't do some damage, so I won't be giving up hope just yet. When it's technically over, it's over.