I still don't agree the BBC are biased, I think they're just awful nowadays. Well, BBC Scotland anyway.

There are people who work for BBC Scotland (non-Rangers fans) who confirm that there is a bias against Rangers within BBC Scotland.

Actually they were pretty explicit in making the distinction between both tax cases. They said they couldn't understand why any businessman would want to take on someone else's tax burden. It doesn't happen apparently. They did not claim it was linked to anything he'd done in his career.

It's fairly obvious why. He would not have been able to buy the club for £1 if he hadn't taken on the tax burden. It was factored into the price.

Edit: the fact that he couldn't see that as a reason is another indicator of the bias of the programme.

Edited by Bluedell

On another note, they made reference several times that they had offered CW the opportunity to appear on the show & defend himself & that he had declined.

Well after the way they edited the Super Ally old firm violence interview.. would you have trusted them?

It's fairly obvious why. He would not have been able to buy the club for £1 if he hadn't taken on the tax burden. It was factored into the price.

The mans not daft, I don't think for a minute had we been debt free and Murray was selling he would have bought us. But we are up the creek without a paddle he got us for £1 takes over the debt and is pretty sure he can win the tax case or force a settlement. So when all this calms down he has a debt free Rangers running with in it's means and worth a lot more than he has put in. In his eyes it's a no brainer.

FURIOUS Rangers boss Craig Whyte last night declared war on the BBC and former Gers directors.

In a hard-hitting interview he insisted he can NEVER see his feud with the broadcaster being resolved.

He also blasted ex-Ibrox chief executive Martin Bain and former finance chief Donald McIntyre.

And he hit out at Bain for pocketing the same £45,000 bonus as the PLAYERS when Gers reached the UEFA Cup Final in 2008.

Whyte, 40, gave an exclusive interview to The Scottish Sun hours after the BBC made a string of allegations about his past in a documentary.

The Gers owner, set to sue the Beeb over the claims, said: "I have nothing to hide. Everything said in the programme is total rubbish and that is why I have called in lawyers. It is total nonsense."

He also insisted it was business as usual at the club despite the BBC's "muck-flinging" — and said he would not be put off by "false accusations" about his business record.

He said: "I will not be distracted. I knew when I decided to bid for Rangers that there would be pressures as well as plenty of people who would like us to fail.

"But despite that, and despite all the muck being flung at me and the club by the BBC and others, I am determined to see this through.

"These things are sent to try us. But for me and everyone else at Rangers it is business as usual.

"My focus remains firmly on getting Rangers as a business back into good shape so that we can enjoy continued success on the field. That is what really counts."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/3887429/Whack-and-Whyte-as-Gers-chief-puts-boot-in.html#ixzz1bUZGjKNU

I've just watched that interview tonight and I have to say that I didn't enjoy the way Rangers, and CW were portrayed, but equally, they were very, very careful to cover their backs with their words. Possibly with the exception of what Burns has to say.

I'm puzzled as to how he can hope to successfully sue the BBC, they cossetted their accusations in the usual 'allegedly' speak.

There must be a way around that a story or programme can't accuse someone of something then just stick allegedly on the end to cover there arses.

I would imagine that you can't cover your ass by using alleged when sending a programme out to millions that would be far too easy. I may be wrong though.

Lets look at what they actually screened. First of all a hell of a lot of supposition.

Robert Burns who obviously could gain no proof against Whyte after years of investigation and was now happy to vote him guilty by association of working with a convicted fraudster.

An angry Woman who didn't get paid when his company went bankrupt. I myself have went through that process twice and shit happens.

A company director who had run his own business into debt and was angry that Whyte did not get the money up and running on time. He blamed Whyte for the loss of customers. Obviously the customers he had were not paying his bills in the first place otherwise his company would not have been in trouble.

An angry ex-Rangers director, Paul Murray who was sacked for trying to scupper the takeover and make a bed for himself.

Alastair Johnston our ex interim Chairman who seemed to forget that he was interim Chairman and refused to move over for the new owner and was therfore sacked.

Then there was the icing on the cake the extremely neutral voice of Graham Speirs who is known for his balanced reporting on Rangers.

I, to be honest don't think CW has the money we were hoping for but this documentary was a stitch up from start to finish.

Why was Daly in Monaco as there was no evidence given from there? Nice wee expenses paid holiday for the guy otherwise it had totally no relevance. Telling us Whyte lived in Monaco and showing a film from the archives would have been enough.