Craig Whyte vows to sack anyone at Rangers who talks to BBC

Do you really think the BBC would be investigating Craig Whyte if he didn't own Rangers?

Neither do I.

I agree, but that doesn't alter the fact that they're not exactly lynching the club as a whole. It's Whyte himself and his past they're having a go at. Which is why I'm a little disquietened that he's pulling rank and censoring everything about the club to the BBC. Including threatening to sack anyone who talks to the BBC, no matter what they're talking about. So if Ally McCoist accidentally gives an interview to Chick Young, Whyte will fire him.

I just find it all a bit messy.

I agree, but that doesn't alter the fact that they're not exactly lynching the club as a whole. It's Whyte himself and his past they're having a go at. Which is why I'm a little disquietened that he's pulling rank and censoring everything about the club to the BBC. Including threatening to sack anyone who talks to the BBC, no matter what they're talking about. So if Ally McCoist accidentally gives an interview to Chick Young, Whyte will fire him.

I suspect his threat to sack anyone talking to the BBC was all said in the heat of the moment. At least I hope so.

Of course it was said in the heat of the moment. But something has to be done about the internal enemy at Rangers. The signal has to be sent that the leaking has to stop and that the Rangers company (reasonably) expects its employees to act in the company's interests. I would do the same. The BBC, or at least the bheasts that have hijacked it, is indeed attacking Rangers. It's all about Rangers, Whyte is just the vehicle available today.

If it's all about attacking Rangers then why haven't they done anything like this before on the club? With the financial mess we've been in for years, they could easily have made a programme attacking our financial mismanagement and other things long before now.

It's about Whyte, and the programme was not named correctly.

If it's all about attacking Rangers then why haven't they done anything like this before on the club? With the financial mess we've been in for years, they could easily have made a programme attacking our financial mismanagement and other things long before now.

Skint Rangers won 3IAR. While they faltered in Europe, they run away with the league again, after spending next to nothing on seven new players (according to some). Timothy as a team and their manager appear to be clueless these days, had it not been for the Sion Fiasco, they would be out of Europe too. (The cover this fact gets is minimal, BTW.) The big HMRC case comes up, so our "friends" at the BBC (you know that I do not speak about the impartial ones - few as there might be) take the opportunity to deflect from Celtic's woes and lay heavily into us ... by whipping up a programme to undermine our chairman in the public eye, just ahead of this schedule HMRC case hearing. And we do not simply speak of some nonsense local paper or TV station here, we speak about the BBC, read and screened all over the planet. As I said, their football (not Scottish, but their main footie) page on the day (Friday) had the Rangers & criminal background headline spread all over it. As you say, the programme was about Whyte, but it was IMHO misnamed for a reason.

Why right now and not years ago? Maybe because Murray, our board members and the BBC folk were good friends, or at least on good terms?

He's not defending the club though, he's defending himself. The BBC haven't really attacked Rangers in all of this, their entire case has been Whyte.

That's more or less what I was trying to say to the barman( a known septic man ) today before the Well' game.

I told him I hadn't seem the program, which at that point I hadn't, but I was disappointed that they chose to include Rangers in the title when all the muck raking was about Whyte's pre-Rangers days. I could see he wanted to add something to it, but it wasn't mentioned again for the rest of the day.

Whatever way you look at it, the BBC are trying to blacken the name of Rangers by any possible means at their disposal.

I'd put a bet on that if you were to investigate Desmond Dermont's business going on's, he too would have some interesting skeltons in the cupoard.

Why call it, Rangers " The Inside Story ". The BBC know exactly what they are doing, they have been throwing muck at us for years and Minty let them away with it so he could get a quite life. The name of Rangers has been dragged through the gutter for years by the Media.

It's time for it to stop so carry on Mr Whyte this Rangers fan will back you to the hilt in this fight. But I would watch your back the Rangers family is littered with backstabbers.

You been on the moon for the last few years the BBC has been quietly sticking the knife in for years.