Rangers could face 25-point deduction

Why would Rangers be taken into administration before the tax case? I don't believe that the directors of a company can put the company into administration just because they feel like it. Is the club unable to pay the debts due at the moment or over, say, the next 6 months?

Agreed, makes little sense to do so unless the club feel they will lose the case and it would be unusual to have a solvent company enter administration.

I'm also yet to be convinced that any potential HMRC debt would simply disappear just because the club went into administration before the conclusion of the case.

My t ake on this was that they were saying RFC could avoid the additional points deduction by not needing to consult HMRC in a CVA (the 25% ruling). So Whyte takes them into admin before HMRC become a recognised creditor in excess of 25% of the debts. You then get the CVA approved at pennies on the pound. However, and this is a BIG however, I simply cant see how the club could possibly offer say 10p in the pound to creditors in a CVA and then HMRC simply get the same amount.

HMRC would become creditors whilst in CVA - I am no expert but if this were allowed there would be a ton of companies doing the same thing. Enter CVA prior to being hit with a massive tax bill, then offer a paltry amount to creditors, then agree the tax liability and HMRC get the same as creditors previously approved ?

One would suspect that HMRC would be aware of that and would have the hearing dates moved back (if they were able) such that the HMRC ruling comes about after the club exit administration.

Yeah Craig, that's my thoughts as well.

Perhaps I should call up Keevins tonight and get him to explain it in detail to me. :D

Now that would be funny BD,you would only last 30 seconds with him before he would cut you off,way too intelligent for the likes of him and facts goes against the agenda of the BHEASTS.

What happen will happen and no matter what the press spouts or we muse, Whyte will (hopefully) do the most sensible thing that can be done for Rangers FC. For I still of the opinion that in contrast to the other people who were chairmen or directors in my days as a Bluenose (i.e. the better part of 30odd years) he is actually a Rangers supporter himself.

I think it was scheduled for the 23 November.

The sooner it's done and out of the way, the better.

In and out of administration,10 point penalty and back on top of the league by December 29th. 5 million to buy players with in January for the 10 million champions league place. 5million pound in the bank.:D