All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

Of course, if someone throws silly money our way (and we hope no-one has watched Jela too closely these last few weeks, I dare say), we have to look at option. And with options I mean people who will do a job for us in the SPL. It is fair to ask for quality and look to the future, but our immediate future is SPL football and we need people seeking a challenge and who are willing to prove themselves at a club like ours. Be that at the Nou Camp, or New St. Mirren Park on a soggy and rainswept Wednesday night. And you only get one Jelavic every 5 years or so, I'm afraid.

McKay wants out ... or so the headline claims, which is somewhat in the opposite to the recent interview.

And finally ...

Meanwhile, Rangers are eyeing a loan move for Swiss international Scott Sutter after learning that Steven Whittaker could be out for two months.

... sayest the Scottish Sun

Edited by der Berliner

McKay wants out ... or so the headline claims, which is somewhat in the opposite to the recent interview.

Well the quotes are attributable to Craig Moore, so unless we're calling him a liar, there's substance in the story.

Curious that this article quotes the 3 players I keep namechecking as our failures. Looks like someone reads this forum.

Revealing his interest in Dorrans, McCoist said: “He is a player I like. There has been no contact between the clubs but I like him.”

Asked if any deal would be permanent or whether a loan would be possible, the Ibrox gaffer said: “No idea.

That is what you call an 'I wish' rumour.

Snatched from FF (via a Honduran Paper): "We are close to signing Hondurans Jerry Bengtson and Jorge Claros soonish, as reports from over there* and Canada indicate**.

Bengtson is 24 and has scored 24 in 36 games this season and has 8 in 20 for Honduras.

*roughly translated story:

TEGUCIGALPA .- A representative of the directive is in Scotland motagüense negotiating the transfer of players Jorge Claros Jerry Bengtson and the Glasgow Rangers of that European country.

The leader of the "Eagles" will meet in the next few hours with the Scottish club leaders, to seek to reach an agreement and that in 2012 both players to travel to Europe.

A representative from Motagua in Scotland is negotiating the transfer of football players Jerry Bengtson Jorge Claros and European football.

For Clear, from 2010 is claimed by the Rangers, while Bengtson has the technical approval of the final purchase would have authorized.

It is expected that in the coming days of the transaction, and blue that the leadership hopes to resolve the situation before year-end to meet their absences.

With the arrival of Alfredo Mejia would solve the problem in midfield, but would fail to hire an attacker to fill the square Bengtson.

Managers say they have fixed motagüenses a good standard Mexican striker, in case the Honduran striker finally left the Rangers. Motagua play today against Platense in Puerto Cortes, on a day that will be marked by the presentation of Mejia

**FF guy

I met Martin Rennie (Vancouver Whitecaps Manager) over the festive period and he told me that he tried to sign both these guys and was told they are no longer available as we have got them for about a million for the pair.

I really wish the Dorrans rumour is true. Hasn't been as eye catching this season but he's a solid midfielder, with potential too. Davis and Dorrans in the middle sounds like a good prospect but it seems the transfer would only happen if we sell Jelavic to WBA and get Dorrans as part of the deal.

if ness is fit, I'd imagine he'd be playing in our midfield...

He isn't fit again and training with the 1st team yet. Looks like he's still working with one of our physios at Murray Park. Here's a Willie Vass picture of him at training yesterday with physio Stuart Collie -

I000072v3xukP2Z0.jpg