All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

Other clubs down south have been taking players for medicals and getting them signed up asap today, but Everton drag the completion of our deal out by many hours tonight. That's out of order and highly inconsiderate to the selling club (us) in my book.

Shoe on the other foot time. Were it us as the purchasing club would you be nearly as bothered at us delaying ?

I will say it again though, what other clubs have or have not done is not Everton's concern. Everton should only be concerned with themselves. They dont care about the situation it puts us in and neither should they.

Did we give a shit that Jelavic effectively held a gun to Vienna's head to get his move to us ? That was probably more unethical than what Everton are doing, but we didnt care.

No I'm not. Ally wouldn't even know what wages he would have to work with until the Jela deal is signed and sealed, so his hands would be completely tied whether CW would have given any cash from the Jela deal or not....

So why be so upset then ? If McCoist was unsure what wages he would have to work with then I dont see what difference this delay means. Also not sure that McCoist wouldnt know what wages he had to deal with. Surely if we have accepted the Everton offer then there are two scenarios :

1. Jelavic leaves - at this point the club know what the terms of the deal are so they know the incoming transfer fee. McCoist also would know what wages Jelavic was on prior to leaving - so the club would surely have known what the overall income and cost savings were.

2. Jelavic stays - in this case it is status quo and nobody would be coming in had Jelavic stayed, we all pretty much surmised that anyway.

If the club hadnt drawn up any "what-if" analysis - especially given Jelavic leaving has been the hot topic for the club for the whole month then I would be disappointed (was going to say surprised but nothing about us surprises me anymore).

In summary, McCoist should have known what he was working with if Jelavic left OR stayed.

This is true, but given that all reports said Rangers had accepted the offer and Jelavic had accepted the terms offered, then it's pretty logical to assume that it's Everton who have delayed the completion of the deal.

It does point to Everton delaying, I agree. But we still dont know. Further, for me at least, I cant get all annoyed by them delaying this transfer because they simply have no obligation to look after Rangers' best interests.

I really do wonder if Whyte is ready for a Fierce backlash from the fans to what really is unfolding in this transfer window and this holt bid was a non starter! Surely they are not going to come out with the' we tried but failed to get anyone in story!

This simply won't wash with the fans and like myself sitting here ready to humanly combust with rage!

Edited by Gers4Life

To think that we were looking at bringing in the Estonian right back while everyone knows we need to cut our cloth, then all of a sudden we not only can't afford the Estonian, but sell our most promising young right back for practically nothing just to get him off the books. What a bloody shambles!

I will say it again he didn't want a new contract, he wanted away and who can blame him if by 24 you haven't broken into the first team you never will.