All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

I used to think Bruins may be a good target for Rangers when he was young but to be honest it certainly doesn't excite me now. He has never seemed to reach his potential. He is a bit like Thomas Buffel, he has good skill but lacks determination and bottle and looks uninterested at times.

Should fit in quite well then! :P

You say this, but the truth is when was the last time we were happy selling any of our players? No one wants to sell their better players, and we're always gutted to lose top performers.

I know Danny but its the times we live in, we better get used to it quick.

Are there any free agents not currently on trial at Rangers? Or is the plan to open a hotel next to Murray Park?

A hotel is fine. Just as long as it isn't a focking retirement home!

Guest superrcooper7
NIKICA JELAVIC WILL HAVE TO KEEP DREAMING ABOUT ANFIELD MOVE

Nikica Jelavic has set his heart on a move to Liverpool

NIKICA JELAVICâ??S hopes of a dream move to Liverpool could be crushed by Anfield director of football Damien Comolli.

The Croatian international is on a list of possible January targets that manager Kenny Dalglish is considering â?? although Comolli believes there are better options out there.

Jelavic has set his heart on a move to Merseyside and is waiting to see if Dalglish will try to push ahead with the a £7 million plus deal.

Championship title hopefuls West Ham United have already opened talks with Rangers but Jelavic would prefer to head for the English Premier League.

MORE RANGERS NEWS AND TRANSFER GOSSIP HERE

He hasnâ??t closed the door on West Ham but has also been told that he also has interest from West Bromwich Albion, Everton, Fenerbahce and Marseille.

Nikica Jelavic hopes of joining Liverpool are dashed

Rangers are looking for £10 million but if they do get a bid in this window then it is unlikely to be any more than £7 million and it would then be up to chairman Craig Whyte as to whether or not to take the money.

The uncertainty over Jelavicâ??s future is also causing Rangers boss Ally McCoist a major headache.

He has urged his club to keep their prize asset but if they do decide to sell then he would rather it be done now than at the last minute.

McCoist is keen to bring in a striker if not two, if Jelavic is sold.

He already has a string of options, including his preferred targets, the cut-price options and a loan list.

Real Valladolidâ??s Javier Guerra and Norwich City captain Grant Holt are both players that McCoist likes but he is unlikely to have the transfer budget to finance either move. Also Norwich are also adamant that Holt is not for sale although the player is not 100 percent happy that is not a first-team regular.

The likes of Rapid Vienna striker Hamdi Salihi is a target if McCoist has limited funds while Polish striker Pawel Pawel Brozek would be consider if there are not funds. He is available on a free loan with a view to a permanent £600,000 deal in the summer.

McCoist could also free up wages by offloading squad players like Juan Ortiz, Matt McKay and David Healy, while Kirk Broadfoot, who is still a week away from fitness, is attracting interest from Leeds and Bristol City.

I wonder if there is any truth in looking to offload Ortiz and McKay?

His age doesn't concern me. His goalscoring record at his last team does.

His age AND his overall goal-scoring record concern me because he only managed to start banging in a semi-respectable number of goals when Udinese loaned him to a Serie C team and that was about 7 years ago. Maybe that's the level we're looking at these days right enough, but if he was any good he'd maybe have got more than just a couple of appearances for Udinese in 7 years with them. Instead, they just kept sending him out on loan to lower divisions. You could argue that maybe he could turn out to be a gem if he was a bit younger, but the guy turns 31 in a few weeks. Maybe he could do a job, but if it's the same person or people who recommended Beattie to us that's recommending Muslimovic, then I'm definitely not interested. Another big tall target man as well... oh great, that's just what we need, a striker who fits into the punt-it-up-the-park footballing philiosophy. :td: