All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

NIKICA JELAVIC has revealed a move to West Ham would seriously tempt him.

The striker seems certain to leave Rangers this month, with Hammers boss Sam Allardyce eyeing a £6million bid, as SunSport revealed.

Jelavic's dad claims he is holding out for a move to Liverpool.

But the Croat said: "West Ham are a great club. They are not a second division club — they are a famous Premier League club who happened to be relegated last season and will return to the Premier League next season.

"It would be nice to play there if the opportunity comes up and the club agrees.

"West Ham are a big club, but I'm also playing at a big club and it wouldn't bother me in the least if I had to stay here.

"The manager appreciates me and likes me, but I know the club are in a difficult financial situation and if they decided they needed to sell me, I would accept it.

"There have been a lot of stories, but nothing is on the horizon yet.

"Believe me, I know as much about it as everyone else.

"Every day I am supposedly moving to a new club, which I guess must be very interesting to people.

"I've left everything to my manager and I don't even call him these days. I don't care about it.

"I know they are talking about offers from Liverpool and West Ham, but if they made an offer, it would be up to the club. If it were true, the manager would have told me because the club have always been fair with me."

Jelavic knows that Saturday's 1-1 draw with Aberdeen was a blow to Rangers.

But he insists their title dream is alive and kicking.

He said: "The result against Aberdeen shook us a bit.

"But the four-point advantage Celtic have is not unattainable. There is plenty to play for."

Gers manager Ally McCoist could move for South African right-back Siboniso Gaxa if his bid to sign Estonian Enar Jaager falls through.

Gaxa has 48 caps for his country and featured in all three of their matches at the 2010 World Cup.

His agent, Rob Moore, said: "Gaxa is seriously in the frame for that move.

"If they don't sign Jaager, he is their next target."

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4083899/Jelavic-Id-be-happy-to-sign-for-Big-Sam.html#ixzz1kS5UGTpp

West Ham already have Sam Baldock, Carlton Cole, John Carew, Freddie Sears, Frank Nouble and Frederic Piquionne with Kevin Nolan also playing up front occasionally.

Would they sacrifice 1 of those listed in exchange + cash for Jelavic?

I reckon Carew, Nouble and Piquionne would all be allowed to leave but I'm not so sure I'd be interested in any of them. However, Sam Baldock would be a different matter.

Why would we send the "impressive" Estonian away and look at a South African instead. Will he cost 500 pound less in wages per week? Then again, the press will turn it in a way that make us look like loosers anyways, so what do we expect?

West Ham already have Sam Baldock, Carlton Cole, John Carew, Freddie Sears, Frank Nouble and Frederic Piquionne with Kevin Nolan also playing up front occasionally.

Would they sacrifice 1 of those listed in exchange + cash for Jelavic?

I reckon Carew, Nouble and Piquionne would all be allowed to leave but I'm not so sure I'd be interested in any of them. However, Sam Baldock would be a different matter.

I would want none of the West Ham players if I'm honest. I heard Piquionne was supposed to be part of the deal but no thanks.

Why would we send the "impressive" Estonian away and look at a South African instead. Will he cost 500 pound less in wages per week? Then again, the press will turn it in a way that make us look like loosers anyways, so what do we expect?

I said in another thread about trialist match reports and general trialist opinion from management. Saying he (meaning any player) was impressive and such like but isn't for us as it would bite them in the arse and to me it seems like they are actually doing it. :(

On a sidenote, if you where a chairman who has (as it seems to be) to look at every penny for the time being, wouldn't you ask your manager to cut the wage-bill by sending reserve-players (who have next to no games) or people unfancied out on loan? Whether or not you need the money to buy new players. Business-wise pretty logical. If only those who the gaffer selected were up for it not not seemingly running at 50 to 75% of their own standards.

I've got to the stage I'd like Jelavic to just leave now. Even if Ally doesn't get a fucking penny of it, this saga will run and run till he does leave, and I'm sick of such nonsense surrounding certain players.