All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

BBC not reporting we rejected £7m ??

Ture, on the website, but during the radio program, they said that it had been rejected and thus started their speculation. Some of the things they were saying are the same as has appeared on here, namely that Ally won't get all the cash, if any.

I think that they do want £9 million, but may only get 8 - 8.5. I suspect they want more as Ally is only likely to get £2 million to spend, if that, depending on what they get offered. The alternative of a deal not being struck before the close of the window, is that he stays and helps us with some good form and goals to sell himself in the summer, at a good price.

If we got £8 million, I'd take it.

Everything, 35 shortly, poor age for a striker. Beattie all over again imo.

EDIT: Just looked at his Wiki constantly fouling people.

I'm sure he's committed the most fouls in a Premier League season. He's always there or thereabouts.

Ture, on the website, but during the radio program, they said that it had been rejected and thus started their speculation. Some of the things they were saying are the same as has appeared on here, namely that Ally won't get all the cash, if any.

I think that they do want £9 million, but may only get 8 - 8.5. I suspect they want more as Ally is only likely to get £2 million to spend, if that, depending on what they get offered. The alternative of a deal not being struck before the close of the window, is that he stays and helps us with some good form and goals to sell himself in the summer, at a good price.

If we got £8 million, I'd take it.

I don't get it with McCoist possibly only getting £2 million to spend?? What the hell is that going to buy ffs...... Dire times :( season ticket renewal is only a couple of months away and Whyte needs to be careful of which hand he is going to play and a £20 million pound fan investment could become £10-15 million or even less :(

I don't get it with McCoist possibly only getting £2 million to spend??

Most clubs in the EPL & Championship will only pay a certain percentage up front and the rest spread over 2 or 3 seasons, so even if we sold Jela for £8m we might only get £2m or so now and the club might need that money now rather than spending it on a replacement for Jela. If we sell Jela I'll be expecting him to be replaced by a loan signing, maybe two because I don't even think Ally will get the incoming cash from his sale to go out and spend. That's just my thoughts on the situation though and I'm normally wrong, so don't take my word for it! ;)

Might sound a bit doom, but tbh, if we knocked back that West Ham bid for Jela then there's a decent chance that he'll still be here when the transfer window slams shut! Which is maybe a good thing..... :tu:

Might sound a bit doom, but tbh, if we knocked back that West Ham bid for Jela then there's a decent chance that he'll still be here when the transfer window slams shut! Which is maybe a good thing..... :tu:

Not the way he is playing.... But if he could find some form then yes,undoubtedly.

RANGERS kicked out a £7.2million West Ham bid for Nikica Jelavic last night.

And they warned Hammers boss Sam Allardyce he'll have to dig deeper if he's to land the Croatian striker.

Yesterday's offer from the Upton Park outfit — which included add-ons if West Ham are promoted to the Premiership — was the first official swoop for Jelavic in the January window.

But Ibrox chief Craig Whyte knocked it back — and insisted the 26-year-old striker will not be a cut-price buy for ANYONE.

It's understood Championship leaders Hammers wanted to pay £6m up front with an extra £1.2m in the summer if they return to England's top flight.

But they are refusing to take No for answer. Allardyce will now hold further talks with co-owner David Sullivan and hopes to return to Rangers today with an improved bid.

But Liverpool, QPR and West Brom are all watching from the wings and could step in to trump the Londoners.

With less than six days trading left in this transfer window, the loss of 17- goal top scorer Jelavic now would be a hammer blow to Gers boss Ally McCoist and could all but end Rangers' hopes of four in a row.

Read more: http://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/sport/spl/4087091/Pay-it-again-Sam.html#ixzz1kY2WC5jK

RANGERS are set to capture promising Kiwi kid Scott Basalaj after the keeper shone on trial.

The 17-year-old, who plays for Lower Hutt City in New Zealand, was recommended to the SPL champions by their goalkeeping coach Fraser Stewart – son of Ibrox keeper coach Jim.

Basalaj has now been invited back to Scotland in March and is set to be offered a contract.

The teenager said: “I have to go back again in about six weeks to play some games.

“Hopefully, I will do well there again and we can sort something out.”

Basalaj is eligible to play for Scotland too because of his mother and he admitted he could consider a switch.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/rangers/2012/01/26/rangers-set-to-hand-rookie-keeper-scott-basalaj-a-deal-at-ibrox-86908-23720834/