All Transfer Rumours and silly season stuff

I don't think it's about dodging a bullet, the fact is a mid-table EPL team have come in for him - I can think of few players who would choose lower wages and standard of competition in the SPL with us over a vastly improving EPL team who have a LOT of money.

Once upon a time I hated any player who talked about coming here then buggered off to some other club - how dare they mess us, the Rangers, about.

But in the state we currently are in, I can't blame any player for wanting a better option elsewhere.

As I've posted elsewhere, he really didn't do very well for Rapid Wien - 25 in 70 in a very weak league. And only has 2 in 17 for Croatia.

He was great for us last season, and his goal in Malmo was stunning, but I think we (myself included) may have bought into a myth that he's better than he actually is.

Or is has he just improved since leaving Austria? Who knows. Maybe I'm doing him a disservice.

Jelavic doesn't play up top more out wide apparently in Croatia. Plus he still isn't that old and goalscoring isn't really his game.

I'd say he has improved his goalscoring since leaving Austria or his final season there actually.

Well he is a dick then, why the hell would you not play a game when its your job, ffs.

Hasn't played for 8 months or something. Maybe he isn't even fit enough to play in a bounce game??

Some comments from Ally on the official site -

"Zlatan came in for a day's training yesterday and he did absolutely fine so we'd have liked him to have played in the game today. "He was offered the chance to do that but he and his advisors didn't fancy it and declined so I believe he has gone to train with Sunderland.

"Although the door is not closed on that one, I have to say from our position that we would have to see a lot more of somebody before we take an opportunity to sign them.

"Enar is away back to Estonia and we are very hopeful we can put a package together there and make him an offer. He's a player who has certainly impressed.

"Jorge has been very good. He has come in, played in a couple of games and trained with us as well so he has been fine.

"Luigi is a lot newer to things and has just come in in the last couple of days but we'll sit down and have a chat with both of them and keep watching them."

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/football-news/article/2587806