Thomas Bendikson Deal Close

BENDICKSEN TO HOLD EXTENSION TALKS TO STAY AT RANGERS

Thomas Kind Bendiksen hopes to hammer out his long-term future with Rangers

Tuesday December 6,2011

By Gary Keown

THOMAS KIND BENDIKSEN hopes to hammer out his long-term future with Rangers in a crunch meeting next week.

The 22-year-old Norwegian made his first competitive start for the Ibrox outfit in the 2-1 win over Dunfermline and is attracting interest from a number of clubs including homeland outfit Tromso.

Bendiksen's current contract runs out next month, but Rangers have put an offer on the table and his agent Jim Solbakken plans to travel to Glasgow next week to get a suitable deal done.

Solbakken said: "We have received an offer from Rangers, but it has not gone any further than that at the moment.

"I am planning to come to Glasgow next week to try to sort something out.

"Thomas would prefer to stay at Rangers, but there is interest from many clubs - especially in Norway.Thomas has been at Rangers for four-and-a-half years now, though, and has worked really hard towards the goal of playing for the club.

Thomas Kind Bendiksen hopes to hammer out his long-term future with Rangers

"He is closer now than ever, so we will see if Rangers are willing to play him and have faith in his game.However, he played at the weekend and we'll discuss whether the manager is happy with his performances before trying to get a deal agreed before the new year."

Bendiksen signed a six-month deal in the summer as he aimed to prove his fitness following knee injuries, but the offer on the table is a longer-term arrangement.

McCoist said: "We have offered Thomas a new contract and I hope we can get that one over the line.He's had a tough time with injury and we hope that is all behind him now."

I truly hope that he signs. Cracking prospect.

Yeah, I thought he had a fine first half. Reminded me of a slightly less physical Naismith in that he found good space and made good runs. His presence pressured the Pars defence at the first goal also.

Not as effective after half-time but it was no coincidence that we struggled after he went off.

It's got to be said that there must a be a lot of patience in these negotiations. I think most of us would make a few fair offers and instead of being "close" - but no cigar, we'd probably just give up and move on elsewhere.

You don't see the Dragon's in the Den negotiating like that...

It's got to be said that there must a be a lot of patience in these negotiations. I think most of us would make a few fair offers and instead of being "close" - but no cigar, we'd probably just give up and move on elsewhere.

You don't see the Dragon's in the Den negotiating like that...

Aye but the Dragons turn up with their money sitting in a nice big pile on the table. Money talks.

Maybe we should adopt this for our transfer policy, just walk into a clubs stadium with a briefcase of cash and point at what we want and just say "now".

Edited by Ergatrude

He started really really well on Saturday but like all 3 of our bright attackers, (Aluko and Wylde) he faded and started to give the ball away, particularly when trying cute passes.

But he tries that stuff and has more than an ounce of creativity about him.

One point, he's not a kid, he's 22!

He started really really well on Saturday but like all 3 of our bright attackers, (Aluko and Wylde) he faded and started to give the ball away, particularly when trying cute passes.

But he tries that stuff and has more than an ounce of creativity about him.

One point, he's not a kid, he's 22!

I didn't think that Aluko faded or gave the ball away much.

I only seen the last 20 minutes on a poor quality stream but the player that impressed me most was Aluko. I wasn't surprised he was man of the match.

I don't know if Davies faded - he was really poor at the end, but he might have been like that all through the game for all I know so faded may not be correct. However, if anyone deserves criticism it is our captain - especially given his title.

I also thought despite that, we were playing some decent football, albeit lacking in a cutting edge somewhat, in the last quarter of the pitch.